Any experience with Butterfly Spinart?

This user has no status.
Hello!
So, atm I am using Tenergy 05. But to tell you frankly, I did not like it. The bouncy nature in touch shots is worrisome for me. Everything else is ok. So I thought a harder rubber would give me more control on touch shots? I came across Butterfly Spinart which is harder than T05 and has a tacky top sheet. Someone said it was like H2 married Tenergy. So, being a long time user of Chinese rubbers such as H2, Haifu, H3, Skyline, etc. and have now preferred Jap/Euro rubbers (because they suit my style best), would the Spinart be a good rubber for me in FH department?

I use Stiga Clipper CR. As to my play, you can search my reviews here in TTD (Viscaria and TB ALC review), they have details there. haha

In theory, is Spinart the answer for me?

says Aging is a killer
Harvey, Tenergy is a difficult rubber to fully control fully but once mastered, you won't want anything else.
But controlling T05 can be made worse by using a blade as fast the Clipper. I would go as far as saying that the Spinart will also be difficult on the Clipper, but Spinart has better control on the short game. Think of it as a boosted Chinese rubber.

So you could consider a more controllable blade. Try the Stiga Energy. It's still fast, but has better control than the Clipper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Hello!
So, atm I am using Tenergy 05. But to tell you frankly, I did not like it. The bouncy nature in touch shots is worrisome for me. Everything else is ok. So I thought a harder rubber would give me more control on touch shots? I came across Butterfly Spinart which is harder than T05 and has a tacky top sheet. Someone said it was like H2 married Tenergy. So, being a long time user of Chinese rubbers such as H2, Haifu, H3, Skyline, etc. and have now preferred Jap/Euro rubbers (because they suit my style best), would the Spinart be a good rubber for me in FH department?

I use Stiga Clipper CR. As to my play, you can search my reviews here in TTD (Viscaria and TB ALC review), they have details there. haha

In theory, is Spinart the answer for me?

I would say you should try tibhar grip-s. It has a tacky surface with a lively sponge.guo yue and liu shiwen used to use it too.Tabletennis11 has it for a reasonable price.

This user has no status.
Harvey, Tenergy is a difficult rubber to fully control fully but once mastered, you won't want anything else.
But controlling T05 can be made worse by using a blade as fast the Clipper. I would go as far as saying that the Spinart will also be difficult on the Clipper, but Spinart has better control on the short game. Think of it as a boosted Chinese rubber.

So you could consider a more controllable blade. Try the Stiga Energy. It's still fast, but has better control than the Clipper.

Well, I wouldn't say I can't control the setup, it's just that I don't like the low speed bounciness of T05. For attacking, it's okay, but my game is heavily banked on on the table works, which I think was due to the usage of Chinese rubbers back then. Short game is really important for me. I can still direct T05 anywhere I want and control its pace, especially in flicks, however, I just don't like its bounciness..
I also like my blade. It's okay for its control and speed as its significantly slower than my previous setups TB ALC and Viscaria.

Thank you for your input though! :)

This user has no status.
I would say you should try tibhar grip-s. It has a tacky surface with a lively sponge.guo yue and liu shiwen used to use it too.Tabletennis11 has it for a reasonable price.

I've read about the grip-s. It was also recommended by sir Carl. Unfortunately I can't order it abroad because I have a tournament this December and I had bad experiences ordering abroad as my order came very late... Thanks though.

Another option I'm looking at is the Bluefire JP 01. I've read that it is much deader than T05 and provide better short gameplay.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Just my two cents: When you try to split the difference between two quite different philosophies, as with a Chinese rubber and Tenergy -- which is sort of what Spinart is -- you end up with some of the worst features of both. That's probably why it hasn't caught on much. But the only to tell is to try it yourself.

Things that are deader than T05 but a bit like it in some ways -- T25, also Xiom Vega.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Just my two cents: When you try to split the difference between two quite different philosophies, as with a Chinese rubber and Tenergy -- which is sort of what Spinart is -- you end up with some of the worst features of both. That's probably why it hasn't caught on much. But the only to tell is to try it yourself.

Things that are deader than T05 but a bit like it in some ways -- T25, also Xiom Vega.

Oh I see... May I ask what vega are you referring to?

How about JP 01? had experience with it?

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Sorry, I have not used JP01. Xiom Vega Pro is the one I have tried. A very controlled offensive rubber. Haven't tried the others.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I've read about the grip-s. It was also recommended by sir Carl. Unfortunately I can't order it abroad because I have a tournament this December and I had bad experiences ordering abroad as my order came very late... Thanks though.

Another option I'm looking at is the Bluefire JP 01. I've read that it is much deader than T05 and provide better short gameplay.

From all the reports of tt11,everyone said they deliver very fast.but then,its what you are comfortable with...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
grip-s will be too different from tenergy, it's a chinese style rubber but boosted.

you seem a good candidate for donic baracuda.
very grippy and not very bouncy.

also tibhar evolution would be perfect for you, it's awesome in the short game.

personally I think tenergy is controllable in the short game, specially if you use a blade that is not too bouncy like alc butterfly blades.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
grip-s will be too different from tenergy, it's a chinese style rubber but boosted.

you seem a good candidate for donic baracuda.
very grippy and not very bouncy.

also tibhar evolution would be perfect for you, it's awesome in the short game.

personally I think tenergy is controllable in the short game, specially if you use a blade that is not too bouncy like alc butterfly blades.

Well I've used Baracuda! It is very good! But I need a bit of catapult so I decided to use T05. Both Baracuda and T05 have bounciness in short game, although Baracuda wins in short game as it is actually slower.

I'm thinking of JP 01 as a replacement? Or should I try Spinart? JP 01 is significantly cheaper though..

This user has no status.
Sorry, I have not used JP01. Xiom Vega Pro is the one I have tried. A very controlled offensive rubber. Haven't tried the others.

I tried vega Pro. But did not like it's throw. It throws very short like there's hardly any catapult. Or should I try vega Japan? But I guess that's too soft.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
Well I've used Baracuda! It is very good! But I need a bit of catapult so I decided to use T05. Both Baracuda and T05 have bounciness in short game, although Baracuda wins in short game as it is actually slower.

I'm thinking of JP 01 as a replacement? Or should I try Spinart? JP 01 is significantly cheaper though..

well you will get that with any rubber...
the more power in the long distance, the less control in the short game.
there's no such thing as a rubber that acts like h3 in the short distance and as tenergy in the long distance.

if I were you I would go for tibhar evolution, or just keep tenergy.

Last edited:
Reactions: harveyaquino
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I tried vega Pro. But did not like it's throw. It throws very short like there's hardly any catapult. Or should I try vega Japan? But I guess that's too soft.

Maybe airoc is for you.
But consider yasaka rakza x.it is the latest 1 that people claim has more spin than rakza 7 and more speed than rakza 9

Reactions: harveyaquino
This user has no status.
well you will get that with any rubber...
the more power in the long distance, the less control in the short game.
there's no such thing as a rubber that acts like h3 in the short distance and as tenergy in the long distance.

if I were you I would go for tibhar evolution.

Evolution here is quite pricey that I might as well get a Tenergy. Hehe. How about Spinart then?

This user has no status.
The problem here(at least where I am playing) is that there are too few players who are using tensors and other modern rubbers. If I buy Spinart or the JPs, I will be the first and only one using them right now in my area. Haha. Most of them play with Chinese rubbers as well as classic rubbers (999, Sriver, Mark V).

For now, I think I have to hold off from Spinart because I worry that since it is faster than a Chinese rubber, but with a semi-tacky topsheet, it may pose more weaknesses than benefits like much sensitivity to spin and faster rebound. Ofcourse H2 and H3 are sensitive to spin, however, they have very good low speed bounce..

So now I will buy and try JP 01 because *i think* it is in the same league as T05. The only Bluefire I tried('twas my teammates) was the M3 and while it is good, it is waaaaaaaay to soft for my taste and for my FH.

This user has no status.
The problem here(at least where I am playing) is that there are too few players who are using tensors and other modern rubbers. If I buy Spinart or the JPs, I will be the first and only one using them right now in my area. Haha. Most of them play with Chinese rubbers as well as classic rubbers (999, Sriver, Mark V).

For now, I think I have to hold off from Spinart because I worry that since it is faster than a Chinese rubber, but with a semi-tacky topsheet, it may pose more weaknesses than benefits like much sensitivity to spin and faster rebound. Ofcourse H2 and H3 are sensitive to spin, however, they have very good low speed bounce..

So now I will buy and try JP 01 because *i think* it is in the same league as T05. The only Bluefire I tried('twas my teammates) was the M3 and while it is good, it is waaaaaaaay to soft for my taste and for my FH.

EDIT: I bought Spinart. {-_-} well, #yolo. hahaha

Reactions: TTTristan