Stiga rosewood

says [img]
says [img]
Dec 2010
Hi! I really want to buy the Stiga rosewood NCT V. And I'm wondering if any of you can give me you information or something else i need to know about it... I've been looking for the weight but every shop is giving different informatin about it! Please help!

des - Roeswood NCT V.jpg

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I don't know anything in specific about that blade, but if you want a lightweight blade I think you should really consider one of the Temper Tech blades from Andro. Even if the offensive version is really fast, it has got fantastic feeling!

I have also noticed that Dandoy has got some new blades from Stiga, the Stiga Maplewood and Stiga Intensity NCT seemes interesting... Has anyone here tested those?

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I don't know about Stiga Intensity NCT, but I'm using both Stiga Wood Hybrid NCT and Optimum Carbo. Both are quite alike in terms of control, speed and weight. When it comes to speed, they're really really quick, and I use Boost TP as rubbers. Weight wise its medium, not as heavy as the hardwood NCT series though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
If Stiga are testing and producing blades with Ebony and Rosewood, it makes you wonder if they are planning on using other tonewoods, for the outer plies of their blades, too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
User

As a user of the Rosewood VII I could leave some short comments.

It is a very fast blade, and VERY stiff
Works great with Chinese rubbers such as hurricane and harder versions of European (T05, Calibra LT, Boost tp) do not use with rubbers such as t05fx, boost ts,
Large sweet spot, you can make powerful shots from every position

The main thing with this blade that makes it special is that even though it is very fast you have a long ball contact, that you never can get with a carbon-blade. The super carbon-blades Primorac,t5000, SCHLAGER blade, are slightley faster, but you need to be very precise when you hit the ball with these blades. For example at 2-2, 9-9, you want to play with a long ball-contact so you make a safe ball with a lot of spin, this is the perfect blade, the carbon blades you cannot make this with.

Mar 2011
Revived thread

I would also like to know more about the Rosewood NCT V and Rosewood NCT VII. What are the characteristics of this blade?

Currently I am using a Timo Boll Spirit. How does this compare to the two stiga blades?

I'm using Ebenholz VII, which is almost the same as the rosewood. Very stiff, but wonderful feel on short games. Huge sweet spot, gives you a lot of confidence looping from anywhere. The downside...they're heavy, unless you like heavy blades. The rosewood & ebenholz V is a tad slower, but still quite stiff and a bit more feel. I'm using Calibra LT Plus and LT Spin.

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
If your'e going to get a faster rubber than Calibra on that blade... You'll have to dig out the old STIGA Carbon Speed Glue from your dusty closet, haha :p

But honestly, the Calibra and this blade has to be a really good, and sure fast combo. Good luck! :)

This user has no status.
Someone please help me...

I'm using Tibhar stratus power wood at the moment along with tibhar genius on both sides... I found it is too fast for me. Now i'm considering to find a new blade (and also rubber). Is the Rosewood a good choice? Is it slower than the TSPW? the stat of the TSPW OFF- however, it's much faster than off-.

Anyone has play these two blade please give me some advice. Also please suggest some rubber as well....