What should I buy??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Hello guys,

I'm going to buy my first table tennis blade and I need a bit of help. I'm an agressive player but I really like powerful topspin or effects in
the serve. What do you recommend for me??
I was thinking to buy Madera Andro Super Core Cell Off+ with DONIC Bluefire M1 Turbo in the forehand and DONIC Bluefire JP 01 Turbo in
the backhand, but I'm not completely sure and I don't want to do a bad buy.

Please give me your opinion. Is this blade too quick?? Will it give me spin, effect and powerful attacks?? I need your help please.

Reactions: hTheMennace
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
blade:
butterfly alc (viscaria, timo boll spirit, zhang jike alc, etc)

rubbers:
butterfly tenergy 05 both sides, 2.1 thickness

you will never have to think about equipment ever again.
also if your level is not very high and you need more control you can easily use the same rubbers for several years.
as rubbers get old they definitely become more controllable.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
That depends on how long you are playing, if you only attack, and what you're playing actually

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Do you have any teammates that are willing to let you try there rackets? It's always hard to get it right the first time without having something to go on. I think off+ sounds a bit fast and it can be hard to keep the control especially when it's your first blade. Don't forget that the power and spin comes from good technique and not from a fast blade.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
It's not good to start out with a to fast racket. I would recommend you to start with an all round blade, much better for your technique because you are forced to make the spin and speed yourself. My first blade was Stiga allround classic and I think it was a great blade to start out with :)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I have been playing for a year. I think my technique is not bad and I want to buy a new blade to start playing tourneys seriously. What do you think of the
combination I told you in the other post?? I looked for tenergy 05 in the online european shop and they say they don't have anyone, for that reason I said Bluefire M1, it's used by Ovtcharov and my play style is like his one, I have a better backhand but well, my technique isn't as good as him.

This user has no status.
I Also agree with mohamedy13, The setup you mentioned is extremely fast, I think it woud be too fast for me and Im playing already for 7 years and have good technique.

I would say go with an Allround(or an inbetween Allround and Offensive) blade, Somthing like Andro Super Core Cell OFF-. And get Andro Impuls Powersponge 2.0 on both sides. It has a soft sponge but it has a bg catapult effect. Its also very spinny on slow loops and it has very good speed for a soft rubber. The blade I mentioned has the speed of an Offensive blade with attacking and has the controll of an Allround blade when blocking.

And this setup is not as fast and furious as the setup you mentioned. Try this setup first to develop your game and technique first before going to faster rubbers. Trust me I know what Im talking about. I am using this rubber now on my backhand because my coach recomended it to me because my backhand technique wasnt good enough yet for the rubbers I was using on the backhand (bluefire, rasant). But now with this rubber I dont think I will change to another rubber for the next year. Its really good controll when blocking and because of the rubber beeing soft and not too sensitive to incoming spin opening up against backspin is almost effortless. And thats exactly what I like on the backhand side.

so this setup will be around;
Andro Super Core Cell OFF- €40,-
Andro Impuls Powersponge Red 2.0 €40,-
Andro Impuls Powersponge Black 2.0 €40,-

total; €120,-

Reactions: Pavol2223
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
I Also agree with mohamedy13, The setup you mentioned is extremely fast, I think it woud be too fast for me and Im playing already for 7 years and have good technique.

I would say go with an Allround(or an inbetween Allround and Offensive) blade, Somthing like Andro Super Core Cell OFF-. And get Andro Impuls Powersponge 2.0 on both sides. It has a soft sponge but it has a bg catapult effect. Its also very spinny on slow loops and it has very good speed for a soft rubber. The blade I mentioned has the speed of an Offensive blade with attacking and has the controll of an Allround blade when blocking.

And this setup is not as fast and furious as the setup you mentioned. Try this setup first to develop your game and technique first before going to faster rubbers. Trust me I know what Im talking about. I am using this rubber now on my backhand because my coach recomended it to me because my backhand technique wasnt good enough yet for the rubbers I was using on the backhand (bluefire, rasant). But now with this rubber I dont think I will change to another rubber for the next year. Its really good controll when blocking and because of the rubber beeing soft and not too sensitive to incoming spin opening up against backspin is almost effortless. And thats exactly what I like on the backhand side.

so this setup will be around;
Andro Super Core Cell OFF- €40,-
Andro Impuls Powersponge Red 2.0 €40,-
Andro Impuls Powersponge Black 2.0 €40,-

total; €120,-

Do you work for Andro? :cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Haha no, I just like their products the most after Butterfly, but since Butterfly is so expensive I prefer Andro. Before this I was using a Innerforce ZLF with Tenergy 05 and 05 FX but that was just a pain in the wallet.

I see! Yeah, I can totally agree with you on that Tenergy is way to expensive. In my experience, they don't last to long either. I used to play with tenergy for a while but I had to change like every 2-4 weeks. But they are good rubbers nevertheless.

I see that you play with Andro Rasant. Have you played it on the new poly ball? What is your experience? I have heard that Rasant is like the biggest flop rubber of 2014. But perhaps I have been miss informed?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Hahahah...Rasant ...A big flop???

You are surely misinformed rocketscientist.

Many people look at it as T05 alternative.

Yeah okay. I have not played with it myself so I don't know. Just what I have heard from people around on tournaments and stuff. Doesn't know any pros that plays with it also.

Just saw the video about rasant, that was laughable. Hopefully it can be a alternative to T05. Would like to have some quality rubbers for less money than Tenergy. I play with Hurricane and Airoc which I think is perfect for my style of play and worth the money.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
My friend is playing Andro Super Core Cell Off+ + Hurricane II and Airoc S and he's been only playing 2 weeks lol. Is it a fast rubber right??

This user has no status.
I see! Yeah, I can totally agree with you on that Tenergy is way to expensive. In my experience, they don't last to long either. I used to play with tenergy for a while but I had to change like every 2-4 weeks. But they are good rubbers nevertheless.

I see that you play with Andro Rasant. Have you played it on the new poly ball? What is your experience? I have heard that Rasant is like the biggest flop rubber of 2014. But perhaps I have been miss informed?

Well I havent used it on the new poly ball but I can tell you this isnt a flop rubber. You can also look at reviews from tabletennisdb. The rubber is rated with an overall of 9.6 with almost 100 reviews.

But when we have to play with the new poly ball Ill probably switch to Rasant Grip.

Try Andro Rasant Powergrip on any poly ball (I've tried it on Xushaofa40+, Stiga Optimum 40+, Nittaku SHA 40+, Double fish 40+), I can assure you that Andro Rasant Powergrip or Rasant Grip is really amazing on any poly balls!.. Spin powerhouse? Absolutely from my point of view.

Btw, there are some stores in Asia that could offer the best price for Andro Rasant Grip and Powergrip (price ranges US$38-US$41)

Last edited:

Try Andro Rasant Powergrip on any poly ball (I've tried it on Xushaofa40+, Stiga Optimum 40+, Nittaku SHA 40+, Double fish 40+), I can assure you that Andro Rasant Powergrip or Rasant Grip is really amazing on any poly balls!.. Spin powerhouse? Absolutely from my point of view.

Btw, there are some stores in Asia that could offer the best price for Andro Rasant Grip and Powergrip (price ranges US$38-US$41)