Who do you think will win the Mens World Cup?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 55.6%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Tang Peng

• Tiago Apolonia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
LIEBHERR 2014 Men´s World Cup, 24 Oct 2014 - 26 Oct 2014, Düsseldorf, Germany

So this year´s Me´s World Cup will be played in Düsseldorf in Germany and it seems to be a great event! Why?

All you need is to look at the seeds and all is clear!

Main Draw

Qualification Groups
Full schedule

China's Ma Long, the World #3 has entered the Men's World Cup as the #1 seed.

malongworldcup2014.jpg

Ma Long - Photo by: Xinhua/Han Yuqing

Will we get Ma Long vs Zhang Jike final?
Is THIS the tournament we have been waiting for?

Or will we get some surprise..? Can Timo Boll prove himself against the Chinese? Can Ovtcharov beat Zhang Jike again??
What will this year´s World Cup bring.

Live matches from the Men's World Cup can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat!

Men's Singles Seeds

dimitrijovtcharovworldcup2014.jpg

Dimitrij Ovtcharov confirmed his participation for the Men's World Cup as the #3 seed - Photo by: Atsushi Tomura
01) Ma Long
02) Zhang Jike
03) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
04) Jun Mizutani
05) Chuang Chih-Yuan
06) Timo Boll
07) Marcos Freitas
08) Tang Peng
09) Tiago Apolonia
10) Gionis Panagiotis
11) Chen Chien-An
12) Kenta Matsudaira
13) Adrian Crisan
14) Alexander Shibaev
15) Sharath Kamal Achanta
16) Adrien Mattenet
17) Aruna Quadri
18) Cazuo Matsumoto
19) William Henzell
20) Jha Kanak

Keep up to date on any changes from the entries here..

Live matches from the Men's World Cup can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this prestigious event! What are your predictions? Who will be crowned the 2014 Men's World Cup Champion?

This user has no status.
I hope Ma Long beats Zhang Jikes ass. I dont rhink ZJK deserves to win, his performance has been poor in the last couple of months. But when it comes to tournaments like this he can suddenly work hard and win... Opposite to Ma Long who always works as hard as he can but just has a mental problem that prevents him from becoming a grand slam

Interesting that among WC2014 there are:
8 players from Europe (POR, GER, RUS, ROU, GRE, FRA),
8 players from Asia (TPE, JPN, CHN, IND, HKG),
3 players from Australia and Americas (AUS, USA, BRA),
1 player from Africa (NGR).

I thought that WC selection policy must select players from all continents much more equally than this, like 3-4 players from each continent, have I missed some other criteria that caused so small amount of players from Americas and Africa?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Nobody here besides ZJK can beat ma long. Anybody Ma long faces in the final should be piece of cake. Only question is if ZJK can reach final. He is unreliable and can be beaten by almost anyone. The only thing is he is the only guy who can beat ma long. Anyway I wish to see exciting final with 7 games.

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Interesting that among WC2014 there are:
8 players from Europe (POR, GER, RUS, ROU, GRE, FRA),
8 players from Asia (TPE, JPN, CHN, IND, HKG),
3 players from Australia and Americas (AUS, USA, BRA),
1 player from Africa (NGR).

I thought that WC selection policy must select players from all continents much more equally than this, like 3-4 players from each continent, have I missed some other criteria that caused so small amount of players from Americas and Africa?

When the. Other continents invest more players and time into the sport,then maybe they deserve the equal spots.
Eurpe and Asia invest in the sport and therefore deserve the spots.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I think ZJK and Ma Long will probably be in the final. Also ZJK will not face Dima in semi-final because he is the #2 seed and Dima is #3. So the only way for these two to face together is reaching the final which i think is not likely because Dima can't beat Ma Long.
I hope ZJK to win this.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZhangJikeTheBest
This user has no status.
I think ZJK and Ma Long will probably be in the final. Also ZJK will not face Dima in semi-final because he is the #2 seed and Dima is #3. So the only way for these two to face together is reaching the final which i think is not likely because Dima can't beat Ma Long.
I hope ZJK to win this.

It is possible, but then ovtcharov has to lose a match in the poule and the zjk and dima might face eachother in the quarters.

Nobody here besides ZJK can beat ma long. Anybody Ma long faces in the final should be piece of cake. Only question is if ZJK can reach final. He is unreliable and can be beaten by almost anyone. The only thing is he is the only guy who can beat ma long. Anyway I wish to see exciting final with 7 games.

How about the idea IF Xu Xin was there? Anybody know the reason behind his absence?

How about the idea IF Xu Xin was there? Anybody know the reason behind his absence?

there is limit of TWO players per nation, so only two players from China are allowed:
* winner of Asian cup (Ma Long),
* current World Champion (Zhang Jike winner of Paris 2013).
there are additional qualifications, like 2nd place on Asian cup and so on, but they do not fit limit of 2 players.
Thatswhy there will be no Xu Xin in WC2014 :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I hope ZJK to win this.

It doesn't. Matter whether zjk plays against dima,cos if. Zjk plays to. Win,he can win.eg is the cttsl final

This user has no status.
there is limit of TWO players per nation, so only two players from China are allowed:
there are additional qualifications, like 2nd place on Asian cup and so on, but they do not fit limit of 2 players.

I know there os a limit of only 2 players per nation. But do you remember last year on Verviers? When Timo Boll, Dimitri Ovtcharov and Patrick Baum entered. Still wondering why this exception.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
It doesn't. Matter whether zjk plays against dima,cos if. Zjk plays to. Win,he can win.eg is the cttsl final
Well that's true ... zjk is not the same zjk in tokyo . He has improved his skill and mental more than ever . We watched his great performance in incheon games .
and this time if he will face dima , he can beat dima as easy as he can .... and dima was not good vs portugal ... that's the point

Reactions: ZhangJikeTheBest

Oh, I see. Now I hate those limitations rules. :mad:. I 'can' see only Xu Xin that could stop Ma Long even Ma Long still holds their head-to-head record.