Tenergy 05 and 64 alternatives

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Hi there,
Tenergy 05 and 64 are so popular but very expensive. What are the alternatives which are less expensive?
I am an offensive intermediate player.

This user has no status.
you know what it is, everyone plays different and everyone has their own Tenergy Alternative. For some people rakza 7 is a good alternative, but I hated it. I had to change my stroke too much. For me the best alternative is Donic Bluefire JP 02. Since I prefer spinny high arc loops on the forehand and dont strike the ball too flat my game doesnt really get affected by the softness of the JP 02. Also the same with Rasant. Some people prefer harder loop rubbers. They will like the JP 01 more. And some prefer hard agressive winners and thet will like the M1 more.

It just depends on the way you play and how you strike the ball.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Wow! What a great forum! I did not expect to get an answer that fast. Thank you very much for answering. Hope there will be more answers and more alternatives to choose from. Could be considered off top but still... Where do you guys buy the rubbers online? I'd be more than happy to find the prices too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
From the joola line I'd suggest rhyzm 425 is the closest we have to T64. Rhyzm 48 degree is probably faster than T05, but less spin whereas Maxxx 500 has more spin, but is definitely slower. If you like T05 on your forehand then I'd go with the maxxx, but if you like it on your BH try the rhyzm. A lot of our sponsored players like rhyzm on the bh more than FH, but prefer the maxxx on their FH.

Wow! What a great forum! I did not expect to get an answer that fast. Thank you very much for answering. Hope there will be more answers and more alternatives to choose from. Could be considered off top but still... Where do you guys buy the rubbers online? I'd be more than happy to find the prices too.

since you're canadian, why don't you just go to http://www.pingpongdepot.com
They guarantee that they have the best prices in the U.S. and Canada!

1371 Bergar
Laval Qc Canada
H7L 4Z7

Last edited:
This user has no status.
German players Ovtcharov and Baum actually switched their backhand rubbers from Tenergy to Donic Bluefire M1 which can make just about as high arc as T05. Bluefire JP series is probably a closer variant to T64 though(supposed to be a bit more speed-biased than M ver.), although both JP/M are much heavier than Tenergy if that's your concern. My guess is some pros with really, REALLY strong arm strength prefer something a bit better for looping on backhand and that's y they use M1, T80 and T05FX.

Tibhar Evolution series is also supposed to be Tenergy rivals and performs really decently in my opinion (also tried this 1 on my friend's bat), but again all Evolutions are much heavier than Tenergy, and the throw(arc) is much lower.

For me Andro Hexer/Rasant Series are the best alternatives. Weight is acceptable (only slightly heavier than Tenergy), throw is low but no trouble for looping, spin and speed for loops still very decent, plus short games are excellent. I never turned back to Tenergy after trying this.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 2 reviews
German players Ovtcharov and Baum actually switched their backhand rubbers from Tenergy to Donic Bluefire M1 which can make just about as high arc as T05. Bluefire JP series is probably a closer variant to T64 though(supposed to be a bit more speed-biased than M ver.), although both JP/M are much heavier than Tenergy if that's your concern. My guess is some pros with really, REALLY strong arm strength prefer something a bit better for looping on backhand and that's y they use M1, T80 and T05FX.

Tibhar Evolution series is also supposed to be Tenergy rivals and performs really decently in my opinion (also tried this 1 on my friend's bat), but again all Evolutions are much heavier than Tenergy, and the throw(arc) is much lower.

For me Andro Hexer/Rasant Se1ries are the best alternatives. Weight is acceptable (only slightly heavier than Tenergy), throw is low but no trouble for looping, spin and speed for loops still very decent, plus short games are excellent. I never turned back to Tenergy after trying this.
I used Donic Bluefire JP01 and M1 and I can tell that JP01 feels a lot more like 05 as it is spinnier than M1, which is faster and better at blocking, just like T64.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Donic has been annoyingly changing "recipes" for their rubber models all the time as many players/sellers in my country realise that. Sometimes they "tuned" it for more spin and sometimes for more speed, so u can't really tell which particular "version" of a certain Donic rubber model u're using :(

The old JP i tested on my friend's bat had really awful spin compare to M, but people said the latest one had much better spin and as I observed the sponge of the newer JPs has been updated to have similar large pores as the M ver ......

Nevertheless the JP series is "supposed" to be more speed-biased than M ver according to Donic's description, but who knows if they're just bullshitting :p

Last edited: