Strained Tenergy 05.. Solution Please !!

This user has no status.
I need some urgent help..
actually i have this tenergy 05 rubber being kept in my black stiga cover last week... between it and the stiga cover, was a spounge having wet glue...

i eventually didn't notice... later on when i opened my case.. i found the rubber is sticked with the cover... and when i de-attached them.. i found this...

My tenergy got the black colour of my stiga cover...now how to remove this colour...
please give some definite solutions... i dont wanna lose this rubber... its too expensive... u knw...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10748596_792344744157721_1840940435_n.jpg
    10748596_792344744157721_1840940435_n.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 342
  • 10728650_792324120826450_1413696984_n.jpg
    10728650_792324120826450_1413696984_n.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 10721098_792324067493122_1853733667_n.jpg
    10721098_792324067493122_1853733667_n.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 220
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Don't worry about the color. Just play with it. Anything you do that will remove the color will probably destroy the rubber. When you are done playing and the rubber is dusty from playing, clean it with water or a rubber cleaner. But don't worry about that color. The color probably won't affect the play of the rubber. But anything you do to try and get the color out, most likely, will damage the topsheet.

This user has no status.
Don't worry about the color. Just play with it. Anything you do that will remove the color will probably destroy the rubber. When you are done playing and the rubber is dusty from playing, clean it with water or a rubber cleaner. But don't worry about that color. The color probably won't affect the play of the rubber. But anything you do to try and get the color out, most likely, will damage the topsheet.

but my main worry is... is it legal to play with this rubber?
is it allowed?
as i m having my nationals next week... so there must not be any problem whatsoever !!

This user has no status.
but my main worry is... is it legal to play with this rubber?
is it allowed?
as i m having my nationals next week... so there must not be any problem whatsoever !!

I doubt it would be illegal, it's just a discoloration. It's no different as having a black mark on your rubber that got there from hitting the table.

Reactions: vishu.aps
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, anything that would remove the color would definitely be a VOC and get the rubber thrown out as illegal, VOCs are solvents. But a black dye that has sunk into the rubber is not going to come out even with a solvent. You would make the rubber unplayable because of the amount you would need to use and you would make it so that it would definitely get spotted for the VOCs. But, on rubber, if water won't get the dye out, neither will anything else. The dye is bonded with the rubber and deeper than the surface. I would put money on that.

The only thing you should try is cleaning it with a sponge and water, or cleaning it with sponge cleaner. You have probably done one of those if not both. If neither worked, nothing else will.

If it is about nationals, this is what I would do: get a new sheet. Put it on. Take that sheet and put it in an air-tight container of some kind like saran wrap or a ziplock back. Use the new rubber and when the new rubber is fully worn, put that one back on.

This user has no status.
Well, anything that would remove the color would definitely be a VOC and get the rubber thrown out as illegal, VOCs are solvents. But a black dye that has sunk into the rubber is not going to come out even with a solvent. You would make the rubber unplayable because of the amount you would need to use and you would make it so that it would definitely get spotted for the VOCs. But, on rubber, if water won't get the dye out, neither will anything else. The dye is bonded with the rubber and deeper than the surface. I would put money on that.

The only thing you should try is cleaning it with a sponge and water, or cleaning it with sponge cleaner. You have probably done one of those if not both. If neither worked, nothing else will.

If it is about nationals, this is what I would do: get a new sheet. Put it on. Take that sheet and put it in an air-tight container of some kind like saran wrap or a ziplock back. Use the new rubber and when the new rubber is fully worn, put that one back on.
well thanks for the comment :)
i would definitely try washing it with spounge....
may be it work....
well... my glue was VOC FREE DONIC VARIO.... which is responsible for all this....
still illegal???

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
well thanks for the comment :)
i would definitely try washing it with spounge....
may be it work....
well... my glue was VOC FREE DONIC VARIO.... which is responsible for all this....
still illegal???

You obviously did not understand my comment. But why is this two threads now?

VOCs would ruin the rubber but they are solvents. But that ink will not come out of the rubber because it has sunk into the rubber.

If that same dye were on a solid surface like metal or glass and the ink had dried, a VOC solvent would remove the ink. Because the rubber is porous, the dye has been absorbed into the rubber, it is below the surface, not just on the surface. If what I said is true, and I think it is but I don't have the rubber here to confirm that it is, if what I said was true, the only way to remove the dye would be to cut out the parts of the topsheet which have the dye which would mean, TO DESTROY THE TOPSHEET.

This has nothing to do with the water-based glue that spilled in your bag and caused the dye to seep out of the bag and onto your rubber.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
ohhh,.. now i understand...

and yes... u understood it accurately !! :)

i think i have to play with this stain on the rubber ..... or i'll get a new one soon !! :)

thanks

Yeah, or, if you are worried about playing in nationals, and them saying something, just get a new one, put this one in a sealed bag. Play out the new one until you need to change, and then go back to the one with the stain. It should still play well 6 months from now if it is in an airtight plastic bag.