What Stiga Blade?

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Hi Spitfire, thats an extremely fast blade you got there..and springy. It has fibreglass with the balsa and no wonder you have problems executing drop shots. I assume you are an all out offensive player, so I wonder why you are finding drop shots as your main weapon that you must execute. Probably, you will only be attempting to do drop shots 2%-5% of your choice shots in a game. So I don't know whether it's worth changing your blade.
I'm using Optimum Carbo & Wood Hybrid NCT with Boost TP and I find them extremely comfortable with soft shots and all out offence.

This user has no status.
Hi Azlan :)

My Best shot is my Big Forehand Topspin , i use this to force my Opponent away from the table then try to bring them back in etc.

Mainly Push and sometimes Open up with a Topspin on my Backhand

Ive also Noticed with my Balsa I carn't really get Really Short backspin Serves Just Over the Net.

I take it this is because of the Blade being to Fast?

If you take a look at this video
, i am the person in the Blue T-Shirt - Thats how I play

I'm the person in the Blue Shirt..

Any Advice on what Blade to Choose?

Last edited:
Mar 2011
I must say you do have a quite a FH. You see, TSP blades are well damper, which means just like me, you have a problem feeling your shots. I had the same problems with butterfly blades. Now, I only use Stiga coz it gives me a lot more feel, because it vibrates a little. The blades I'm using are fast, but I have no problem with my short serves or short pushes. Calibra is a fast rubber, so I think PROBABLY you're better off with blade that has more feel.

Also another trick that always work for me with fast blades is I try not to grip the blade too hard, just let it hang on my hand and it'll cushion your serves/shots every time.:)

Reactions: zaw thwe
This user has no status.
I must say you do have a quite a FH. You see, TSP blades are well damper, which means just like me, you have a problem feeling your shots. I had the same problems with butterfly blades. Now, I only use Stiga coz it gives me a lot more feel, because it vibrates a little. The blades I'm using are fast, but I have no problem with my short serves or short pushes. Calibra is a fast rubber, so I think PROBABLY you're better off with blade that has more feel.

Also another trick that always work for me with fast blades is I try not to grip the blade too hard, just let it hang on my hand and it'll cushion your serves/shots every time.:)

Yes - So what blade would you Reccomend?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
At STIGA, they are staying on the innovative of blade expertise to make definite precision, power,and most of all, enjoyment when you head out to the table. Since the speed glue ban, STIGA technicians have worked day & night to find blade solutions & optimal designs to accommodate the rule change.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
From watching your match there I'd say you're doing pretty well. Maybe just try to drop on the wider angles to give your opponents some help. But if you are set on switching I'd go with the Rosewood or Clipper both of which are used by the China National Team players. I think WLQ uses the Rosewood, and I wanna say WH uses the clipper. But yeah it's all up to what you're looking for bud.

This user has no status.
I have benn using the rosewood, and it's amazing. If you want an cheaper blade, buy the clipper!

Many Thanks for your Advise so far Mr Richard and TTOSki

TTOski - What Rubbers do you have on your Rosewood? - I'm Using Calibra LT on F/H and Calibra LT Sound on the Backhand With a TSP 8.5 Balsa - I'm just finding it has a lack of feel - probably cause its very Springey and the wood being so soft.

Does the rosewood have any feel??

How does the Rosewood Play? Do you have a Video of it in action?

Also with the TSP Balsa's Enlarged Sweet Spot and soft wood and with it being Springey - its quite tricky doing short spinny serves - probably cause of the lack of feel?

Last edited:
Mar 2011
hi Spitfire, glad to have you back. How are ya? Btw, since my last post, I got myself EbenholzVII. Also I'm using Calibra LT Plus on FH and Calibra LT Spin on BH. Excellent blade buddy. it's quite similar to Rosewood, but mind you that each has 2 types, the V and VII. Xu Xin uses rosewood V...a very good choice for you.

Mar 2011
They're quite similar actually. My regular supplier said Ebenholz (Ebony in English) is just a tad faster. It has a higher density than most wood, and will actually sink in water. Some species in the genus Diospyros yield so-called striped ebony, with similar physical properties, which is not evenly black, but striped. Both are considered medium hard wood.

They were launched at the same time. Both have the V and VII series, and beautifully crafted. I think it just come down to preference..which look nicer to you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Stiga hybrid wood blade is really amazing blade with great features.But it is not suitable for each and every player, as suggested by Azlan it is true it is suitable only for the advance players since it is very fast. After going through your game in the video, I recommend you to go with carbo which is exactly suitable to your game definitely you will feel comfortable.