Artificer - Chuang Chi-Yuan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
No, this video is made in his own club - Chih Yuan Table Tennis Center in Kaohsiung Taiwan.
That lady in the video is his mom/coach

Oh yeah I forgot about his club! How is that going doing you know Tony? I remember that businessman investing millions.

This user has no status.
Oh yeah I forgot about his club! How is that going doing you know Tony? I remember that businessman investing millions.
Foxconn's CEO Kuo Tai-Ming promised to build a training facility in taiwan that is "Going to match china's standards" back in May.....havent heard much since but I do believe that will happen once he gets everything sorted out. Hes probably too occupied with iP6 hahaha

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

His club is going very well.
Top Taiwan juniors are coming out of his club. I even saw some of them train with Dima, Jun and JSH earlier this year - they aren't that bad hey.

Yeah as Cakezxc said, I haven't heard much news about that new training centre. I'm sure there must be planning going on in the background. Besides the new centre, there is also cash donation into his current centre.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
His club is going very well.
Top Taiwan juniors are coming out of his club. I even saw some of them train with Dima, Jun and JSH earlier this year - they aren't that bad hey.

Yeah as Cakezxc said, I haven't heard much news about that new training centre. I'm sure there must be planning going on in the background. Besides the new centre, there is also cash donation into his current centre.

Thanks @Cakezxc

Year it sounds like a brilliant facility and I hope many other countries will copy this model in the future. Chaung Chih Yuan is a huge role model in Taiwan and for those juniors. Amazing stuff!

This user has no status.
Thanks @Cakezxc

Year it sounds like a brilliant facility and I hope many other countries will copy this model in the future. Chaung Chih Yuan is a huge role model in Taiwan and for those juniors. Amazing stuff!
HELL YES HE IS
He's been my idol ever since I started playing

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think every country in the world should learn from CCY.

His success is due to his personal/family contribution and not some development from the national body or having outside help.
Yes, his mom went to seek outside help with her connections in China, but all those are personal favours.

So in other words - if CCY can make it to the top without "sponsors/outside help etc", then so could everyone else.

Yes, given his mom is a professional player/coach already, CCY had accesss to play TT every single day in his childhood life.
After the development stage, his mom noticed that CCY has reached a peak and that he couldn't improve any more, so they went to China to further his development, and that was a few years until CCY got banned, by that time CCY had a decent world ranking and German clubs contracted him, and that was where he was exposed to European style of training too, and the rest we all know the story

Last edited:
Reactions: Donow