PDA

View Full Version : Artificer - Chuang Chi-Yuan

Donow
10-25-2014, 07:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LYKtvzgeX4

Dan
10-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Wow amazing video! Was this made with his German club in Bremen?

Donow
10-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Wow amazing video! Was this made with his German club in Bremen?

I have no idea but I just know it's an ad for some kind of "balance strap".

TableTennisNerd
10-27-2014, 05:36 PM
That is awesome

Tony's Table Tennis
10-27-2014, 08:36 PM
No, this video is made in his own club - Chih Yuan Table Tennis Center in Kaohsiung Taiwan.
That lady in the video is his mom/coach

raazzz
10-27-2014, 10:54 PM
wow, Chuang Chi-Yuan is awesome!

Dan
10-28-2014, 08:48 AM
No, this video is made in his own club - Chih Yuan Table Tennis Center in Kaohsiung Taiwan.
That lady in the video is his mom/coach

Oh yeah I forgot about his club! How is that going doing you know Tony? I remember that businessman investing millions.

cakezxc280
10-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about his club! How is that going doing you know Tony? I remember that businessman investing millions.
Foxconn's CEO Kuo Tai-Ming promised to build a training facility in taiwan that is "Going to match china's standards" back in May.....havent heard much since but I do believe that will happen once he gets everything sorted out. Hes probably too occupied with iP6 hahaha

Tony's Table Tennis
10-28-2014, 02:44 PM

His club is going very well.
Top Taiwan juniors are coming out of his club. I even saw some of them train with Dima, Jun and JSH earlier this year - they aren't that bad hey.

Yeah as Cakezxc said, I haven't heard much news about that new training centre. I'm sure there must be planning going on in the background. Besides the new centre, there is also cash donation into his current centre.

Dan
10-28-2014, 03:27 PM
His club is going very well.
Top Taiwan juniors are coming out of his club. I even saw some of them train with Dima, Jun and JSH earlier this year - they aren't that bad hey.

Yeah as Cakezxc said, I haven't heard much news about that new training centre. I'm sure there must be planning going on in the background. Besides the new centre, there is also cash donation into his current centre.

Thanks @Cakezxc

Year it sounds like a brilliant facility and I hope many other countries will copy this model in the future. Chaung Chih Yuan is a huge role model in Taiwan and for those juniors. Amazing stuff!

cakezxc280
10-28-2014, 11:23 PM
Thanks @Cakezxc

Year it sounds like a brilliant facility and I hope many other countries will copy this model in the future. Chaung Chih Yuan is a huge role model in Taiwan and for those juniors. Amazing stuff!
HELL YES HE IS
He's been my idol ever since I started playing

Tony's Table Tennis
10-29-2014, 10:43 AM
I think every country in the world should learn from CCY.

His success is due to his personal/family contribution and not some development from the national body or having outside help.
Yes, his mom went to seek outside help with her connections in China, but all those are personal favours.

So in other words - if CCY can make it to the top without "sponsors/outside help etc", then so could everyone else.

Yes, given his mom is a professional player/coach already, CCY had accesss to play TT every single day in his childhood life.
After the development stage, his mom noticed that CCY has reached a peak and that he couldn't improve any more, so they went to China to further his development, and that was a few years until CCY got banned, by that time CCY had a decent world ranking and German clubs contracted him, and that was where he was exposed to European style of training too, and the rest we all know the story

TableTennisNerd
10-30-2014, 05:08 PM
Has everyone seen this? I makes you see him in a completely different light!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS3O0OOn0a0

Tony's Table Tennis
10-30-2014, 10:31 PM

Yes, I was there for it, I will be there again in Jan :)

cakezxc280
10-31-2014, 12:11 PM
Yes, I was there for it, I will be there again in Jan :)
COOL. When will you be there? Im gonna be back for christmas too and will stay til early Jan.
I can bring you around for some first hand neighborhood club experience hahah

Tony's Table Tennis
10-31-2014, 05:32 PM
COOL. When will you be there? Im gonna be back for christmas too and will stay til early Jan.
I can bring you around for some first hand neighborhood club experience hahah

Certainly :)
Which city are you base in, KS?

cakezxc280
10-31-2014, 05:56 PM
Certainly :)
Which city are you base in, KS?
Taipei City lol. Somewhere around the 101

MDanielCRO
10-31-2014, 09:31 PM

That video has milions of views and you are asking if anyone has seen it? Haha are you kidding me