Zhang Jike fined 45.000 euros!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Well done to Zhang Jike today, very good winning the final but what did you all think of him kicking and ripping up the barriers at the end?

Breaking News: Zhang Jike will not receive any prize money (45,000 euros) as a punishment for destroying the barriers after his victory against Ma Long.

What do you think? Should Zhang Jike receive the prize money?

You can see at the end of these highlights by TTLondon2012

Zhang Jike expressed, "I am very sorry for what I did, it was not acceptable behaviour and I am sorry"

This user has no status.
I don't mind if he destroys everything after a match, to me it isn't a problem at all. It isn't bad sportsmanship, he just had to release his tension after having all that pressure on him. Also, this is his unique way of celebrating.

Edit: What?!? They seriously took USD45'000 from him for this? No way! I absolutely don't agree with this decision!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I don't mind if he destroys everything after a match, to me it isn't a problem at all. It isn't bad sportsmanship, he just had to release his tension after having all that pressure on him. Also, this is his unique way of celebrating.

I agree with you totally.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I feel that he was just in the moment of passion and energy. Granted it was pretty random. I thought maybe he mistimed his jump over the barrier at first. I still think taking away all of his prize money is a little bit excessive. I can understand a fine, but taking away all of his prize money is just too much. I also think he did that because throughout the whole tournament, not many believed in him and that he wasn't a world class Table Tennis player anymore. Maybe it was a sign to those naysayers that he still has it in him to compete with the best!

This user has no status.
Bulls**t. He is supposed to be a role model for kids all over the world. ITTF and the Chinese TT federation should suspend him for an indefinite term for such behaviour.

He ain't no babysitter, he's a World Champion whose whole prize has been taken away because of two broken barriers... Seriously ITTF? Do they need to take FOURTYFIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS from him?

Reactions: pong4lyfe
This user has no status.
BS. What he did was extreme and over the top, but he adds excitement to the sport. He adds color and emotions. It was his way of expressing is feelings. His level has been questioned for so much, and now he has finally proven himself yet again. And how much did those barriers cost? $200 max. If anything, fine him that much or a bit more.

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Is this confirmed and official??

Yes confirmed on ITTF Facebook profile.

confirm.jpg

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Completely disproportionate punishment. A fine would have been appropriate. Not a good decision imho.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Bulls**t. He is supposed to be a role model for kids all over the world. ITTF and the Chinese TT federation should suspend him for an indefinite term for such behaviour.
and u should b suspended for life from writing posts in sport sites coz u OBVIOUSLY have no clue what u r talking about and r no athlete... ;-)

Reactions: TableTennisNerd