Dunlop Forte 3-star ITTF Approved Balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Review: Dunlop Forte Tournament 3-star ITTF Approved Balls

I have been playing with these balls for nearly two years,and my observation is as follows:

Hardness:7/10
Roundness:9/10
Speed:8/10
Durability:5/10
Consistency:8/10
Cost: <$4 for 6

This is the cheapest 3 star ball I have seen in South Africa,going at less than $4 for 6.They are made in China.

The price vs quality is by far the best in South Africa.

On doing the roundness test,6 out of 6 balls were nearly perfectly round.

The only problem is that the balls crack easily if played with often,but then who cares? It is cheaper for me to get Dunlop 3* balls than getting Yasaka training balls.

In my opinion,this ball is well worthed.I do not see myself changing to any other brand soon.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
they have really advanced and developed their table tennis products

Dunlop doesn't develop they own table tennis product, it is rather the "oem" factory has improved.

Not sure where you managed to get $4 for 6, that is a damn good price.
From retailers in South Africa that I see, they are $8 for 6, or $5/$6 for 3

Based on you $4 for 6, it is $0.66 per ball, that is indeed really cheap - and I have pricing from the factory to compare with.

The Yasaka training (superior) balls I sell is around $60 for 144 or $0.41 per ball. A year ago (before the ZAR weaken) it was around $50 for 144 or 0.34 a ball. I had cheaper balls in 729 1 star too.
The Yasaka training balls are probably one of the most durable training balls I have come across in the past 2 years. Majority of SA junior national players train with them (over few clubs and the sports school). I personally have not seen a "cracked" ball yet. The only balls we loose is by theft or squashed.

I also have DHS 3 Stars at $8 for 6, or Yasaka 3 Stars at $4 for 3.
I had ran specials in the past where the DHS 3 stars were $5 for 6
So congrats in you finding balls for $4 for 6. You should stock up on them, as i'm sure future shipments pricing will increase. The Rand Dollar can not hold new stock for that price, especially if it is a retailer who has operational cost or unless they are selling at a lost.

Last edited: