2012 Olympics - 2 Players Selected

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Ok guys, as we know there are only a maximum of 2 players per country that can compete in the 2012 Olympic games. Zhang Jike and Wang Hao are selected as they are the 2 highest spots on the World Ranking list. Ma Long, Xu Xin and Ma Lin will fight for the team position but who do you think it will be?

ITTF quote, "The latest ITTF ranking on the 15th May 2011 display the top 28 world ranked players, with a maximum of two from any one National Olympic Committee, gain a direct entry to the Men’s and Women’s Singles events. The final decision is subject to the approval of a country’s National Olympic Committee.

In both the Men’s and Women’s Singles events in London, no former gold medallist appears amongst the direct entries, none are amongst the top two players from their country on the World Rankings issued by the International Table Tennis Federation on Monday 16th May."

1305254609249.jpg

Photo Source: Xinhua/Wang Lili

My prediction is

Ma Long

What are yours?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Dan, you do not understand :D The world ranking list will pick the players no coach can decide this and unfortunaly Zhang Jike and Wang Hao and Zhang Jike gets the first two spots ind the Wolrd Ranking List
consequence: Ma Long can not compete in Mens Singles! because the World Ranking of June 2011 will be used for this and Ma Long has no chance to become the No.1 or 2. .......
For the last place ( team) Ma Long, Ma Lin and Xu Xin will fight, I hope Ma Long can win this fight and get into the team
Even if the coach could decide who can play in singles he would never pick two shakehanders!
Zhang I hate you! You have stolen Ma Long the single spot! No wonder that Ma Long didnt clap as you won against Boll!
:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
WANG HAO is there for sure (if no injury, no nothing)

second probably ZHANGJIKE, at least for the first least. if he doesn't screw up after the first application (i think they could still change the list after, not totally finalized)

The third pick (for team if i didn't rmb wrong, n it's double) ma long n xuxin might have a chance, ma long even might have disadvantage for double, since xuxin is lefthanded.

n u kno wt, ma lin still got his chance. probably not singles, but he indeed has enough experience for big occasions

-----------------------------------

it's unfortunate for ma long, because he didn't get a draw against timo boll, if against timo boll n all other nonchinese players, im sure ma long will grap the chance to prove himself again.

i really dun think ittf's presidents' policy is working tat well. 2 players from china. more country participating. but degrading the level of competition and skills.

those poor national team chinese players. those training member could already be the top seeds in other countries.

but that's life lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
hey. does Ma Long have another chance for a ticket to the olympics? Please help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
LOOOOOOOL their is no coach who decide who will go to London !!!!!! only the world ranking lisz decide ... the first two persons on the world ranking per nation goes to London.
So please don't write "I hope Wang Liqin can get a singles ticket"
This can't happen! There is only one spot in the Teams Competetion
@idolLong please read my first post .... he can get only a ticket in team competetion

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
LOOOOOOOL their is no coach who decide who will go to London !!!!!! only the world ranking lisz decide ... the first two persons on the world ranking per nation goes to London.
So please don't write "I hope Wang Liqin can get a singles ticket"
This can't happen! There is only one spot in the Teams Competetion
@idolLong please read my first post .... he can get only a ticket in team competetion

i think they actually can pick a player not from the 2 highest ranking of their club, just that the player they skipped can not participate the olympic.

n ppl just got it all wrong when they say xu xin + ma long.. 2 players from the younger generation is not practical at all in the coach point of view. they even haven't got any big event winning experience. so not practical for 2012 olympic

trust me wang hao is going no doubt

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
They ( the coaches) can only decide who will get the last place in the team !!! they cant decide who can plays singles because the world ranking of June 2011 will decide this and Wang Hao and Zhang Jike will be the first two chinese players in the Wolrd ranking list of June 2011
---> singles: Wang Hao and Zhang Jike, no coach can say Wang Hao you will stay in China and Ma Long will play singles because the world ranking will decide this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and there is no doubt that Wang and Zhang will be the first two chinese in Wolrd Ranking List of June 2011

third place for team: this is the only decision of the coaches maybe it will be a trial I dont know

@perni No they cant pick a player in singles event not from the 2 highest ranking of their club, no player can be skipped .... the decision to let decide the world ranking list is from the OG asociation!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
The Coaches could force one of them to claim injury though.... but I guess Wang Hao and Zhang Jike represent as good 2 people to represent China as any. Its good to have one penhold and one shakehand.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan, you do not understand :D The world ranking list will pick the players no coach can decide this and unfortunaly Zhang Jike and Wang Hao and Zhang Jike gets the first two spots ind the Wolrd Ranking List
consequence: Ma Long can not compete in Mens Singles! because the World Ranking of June 2011 will be used for this and Ma Long has no chance to become the No.1 or 2. .......
For the last place ( team) Ma Long, Ma Lin and Xu Xin will fight, I hope Ma Long can win this fight and get into the team
Even if the coach could decide who can play in singles he would never pick two shakehanders!
Zhang I hate you! You have stolen Ma Long the single spot! No wonder that Ma Long didnt clap as you won against Boll!
:D

Sorry for the misunderstand bro.. I have corrected the thread :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
my guess is, wang hao and zhang jike and one of them is going to win aswell. I hope zhang jike but wang hao deserves it aswell cos this will be his last chance I think.

says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
Oct 2010
i think about Xu Xin and Zhang jike