Hurricane 3 rubbers - what is the main difference?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
I've been using a regular Hurricane 3 rubber for about a year now.

My question is: What is the main difference between that and the provincial and national versions? Is it more spin or speed? I'm tempted to buy one from Hong Kong - he seems to be a legit dealer? Any thoughts? Thanks.

This user has no status.
Before all the conspiracies and theories about DHS rubbers start, the main differences are in quality: commercial is the worst, national the best, provincial in the middle. It doesn't affect spin or speed, it is just the quality of the rubber itself. I play with provincial rubbers and these are better than any Tenergy etc. National is only needed if you are national level, if not its not worth the money. Commercial can be pretty good too but only if you are boosting with about 4 or 5 layers otherwise they are pretty dead (national and provincial are a little bit better even without boosting, more consistent sponge). In general DHS designs their rubbers for boosting, if you don't boost don't play Hurricane or Skyline except the new H3.50 or TG3.60.

Furthermore these rubbers are getting faked a lot, so I would recommend you to buy only provincial and only NEO series out of this package right here:
http://ttnpp.com/store/dhs/339-neo-dhs-hurricane-3-iii-provincial-6-edges-6.html

And please no blue sponge, 99% of all of the "blue sponge" players play fake rubbers. They just don't know it because they never played the REAL blue sponge or their skill level isn't high enough to see what a rubber has to do...

This user has no status.
well there are legit provincial and national products, just expensive and hard to identify. But its possible. I had so far 1 National H3 (the old non Neo) and one national Skyline TG3, sources were DHS theirself. So you can get those but they are around 80-100USD per sheet and really not worth it. Ive never had any national blue sponge rubber, Ive seen a legit one for 160USD and I would never spend this lol.

The Hurricane 3 Neo provincial is a very very common rubber in China, you get this rubber in a lot of shops which are all legit. Its about 35-50USD and worth the money, because its cheaper but better than Tenergy. But it is only H3N, the others are not available on the market, only exceptional like tabletennis11 which are the official european DHS supplier.

In terms of blue sponge youre right, I think only CNT really know the blue sponge rubbers unless you find one legit blue sponge and youre willing to play about 160-200USD. But the rubbers dont make you Ma Long, thats for sure. They play better than T05 because of more grip and when you boost them they get pretty fast but still these rubbers don't play by theirself.

I would agree with the rest, if youre boosting enough commercial is fine too. If you want to play them without boosting none of them works that good, if you boost just a little like 2 thin layers provincial is going to increase the quality for sure. But boosting destroys the rubbers so after a month they are pretty much done and if a sheet of provincial is worth it than for you go for it, the rubber is easy to get and the best rubber Ive ever played in my life.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
OK, I'll probably go for the provincial. I don't really want to start boosting as that is illegal and basically cheating. There's no glory in it. Thanks for all the advice.

This user has no status.
OK, I'll probably go for the provincial. I don't really want to start boosting as that is illegal and basically cheating. There's no glory in it. Thanks for all the advice.

if you dont wanna boost, dont play NEO rubbers! Go for the H3.50, good rubber which doesnt need any tuning.

Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Unfortunately ESN rubbers or tenergy are "pre boosted" that's why they shrink over time. They are just boosted within the ITTF limit.

A Neo prov H3 is softer and more lively than the commercial Neo H3. So you can play prov Neo without boosting. And the money is better spent than tenergy.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Honestly.

National ones are really not for sale. Usually you can get this through limited dealers in China or Chinese prestigious clubs.
If there are any dealer telling you that they are selling "national" rubbers, please be warned.
There is a high chance that it is provisional rubber on national rubber package. There are not many "National" rubbers at DHS, therefore I highly doubt that they will give to any ordinary dealer.

All three are actually quite different.
But frankly, if you are an amateur player you won't feel the difference between National & commercial.
If you playing regularly and let's say play in 1st or 2nd league, I am sure you can tell the difference.

I recommend if you are playing with DHS hurricane 3.
Just stick to it. :)
Still if you want the provisional, I do not recommend you to buy from HK or China.
Try to buy from official dealer of DHS.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I'm playing a h3 39 provincial and a h3 neo 40 commercial right now on two different blades. I have boosted both with Falco long. 3 layers for the neo, 2 for provisional. This is my first provisional, and I have had several h3 neo's. Both feel great and are excellent rubbers but as stated above not sure I will pay the extra 20 bucks in the future the difference in play being so small. The provisional is a tad faster and I only really notice that on hard blocks and its maybe a little less tacky but again differences can barely be distinguished, and the neo is a little softer. makes sense with the extra layer of boost and the neo sponge. No expert by any means but this is what I feel from my current setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: duan
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I have writen already some experience before... But to repeat my self ....the comercial verison neo is something like locked national version in 50 % .
Im writing about bosted rubbers to be clear.
If you tray it ,you will find it just with more dynamic and with lot more control... But still im using the h8 and h3-60 regular with robot and h8 national and tg2 national and h3-60 national for regular play ... They are still comparable but still much better for play. H8 regular and h3-60 regular are good for robot training because they needs more perfection on strokes then national version.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Guys I have many of my friend from china ( I live in dubai) n whenever the Chinese national team visits dubai they meet all the Chinese players here. N yes many of them know the coaches n the rubber dealers , the ones that provide the Chinese national team n also they play with the same. I saw one persons rubber it was Hurricane 3 national version blue sponge

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk