Primorac carbon or stiga infinity VPS ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
So I'm using a bty primorac carbon with yasaka mark V on both sides . It's been already half a year now and the rubber is kinda dead , I want to get a new bat ... I'm getting bored with this blade , I'm thinking of infinity vsp with T05 fh , and T64 BH . Wut do u think ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Hey ma bad man , I know how important the style of playing is . I'm an all round player

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
dude these blades are completely different. Primorac Carbon is a very stiff carbon blade, the Infinity is an allwood blade with great feel. Unless youre not a 2000ttr playing take the Infinity and youre fine, I dont know a lot of people who are able to play the Primorac so go for the Infinity.

Great point! Like you said the Primorac Carbon can be really hard to control if you aren't a pro player! Go with the Infinity, a great blade with good control!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
6 months and your rubbers are dead? i know mark v as a very durable and long lasting rubber.

how often do you play?
like 2 hrs a day , I can feel it ... ma topspins and serves are not the same like 2 or 3 months after I used it .

This user has no status.
2 completely different thing. Although we don't know exactly how do you play, but I guess it's safe to say the least that you will have quite a long adjusting period coming to Infi VPS from a Primorac. Also, I don't think you need a 2000 rating to use the Primorac.....I am about 2000 Taiwanese rating and I have seen people that I can easily win over use the Primorac like how it's intended to be.

Infinity VPS and Primorac Carbon have bascally nothing in common, its surprising to see someone hesitating between those two (usually people hesitate between Primorac Carbon and Sardius/Gergely/Schalger Carbon).

Infinity VPS is more suited for allround offensive players. With Tenergies its a great combination.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
So I'm using a bty primorac carbon with yasaka mark V on both sides . It's been already half a year now and the rubber is kinda dead , I want to get a new bat ... I'm getting bored with this blade , I'm thinking of infinity vsp with T05 fh , and T64 BH . Wut do u think ?

I think you have a LOT of available funds to use for TT equipment and more power to you. Players should be able to get what they want, when they want if they have the money for it. Do I sound like an EJ supporter?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
2 completely different thing. Although we don't know exactly how do you play, but I guess it's safe to say the least that you will have quite a long adjusting period coming to Infi VPS from a Primorac. Also, I don't think you need a 2000 rating to use the Primorac.....I am about 2000 Taiwanese rating and I have seen people that I can easily win over use the Primorac like how it's intended to be.

Hey Cake dude, Butt Stallion was saying 2000 GERMAN TTR, which is what, around 2400 USATT which would make you top 100 in our nation. Not that many people make that level.

I disagree with BS that a player must be US national team level (or a really weak 2. Bundesliga level position 6 on the worst team) to be able to use the PC.

What BS is saying is one ought to be a very high level player to properly use it. I get that, but disagree on the "highness" of the level needed. I think someone who is 2 levels or so above average US club level could use it well enough.

This user has no status.
Hey Cake dude, Butt Stallion was saying 2000 GERMAN TTR, which is what, around 2400 USATT which would make you top 100 in our nation. Not that many people make that level.

I disagree with BS that a player must be US national team level (or a really weak 2. Bundesliga level position 6 on the worst team) to be able to use the PC.

What BS is saying is one ought to be a very high level player to properly use it. I get that, but disagree on the "highness" of the level needed. I think someone who is 2 levels or so above average US club level could use it well enough.

What is the "average US club level"? Im interested with the level of play in the US scene.
Also, IIRC, the TW rating was based off the USATT system and was benchmarked with Chiang Peng-Lung or Chuang Chih-Yuan as 3000 back in 2003, and to get into the national team you will need at least 2500. I think there are about 20~30 nationals players in our national team. And to play for the Category A university league, you'll have to be above 2300, so i am guessing a 2400 USATT rating wont be a Top 100. Then again, the rating system in Taiwan right now is pretty much seen as a mere number. Most adult players wont be bothered to play ranked matches after they leave university and its the same for those who go into the national team, thus thinning down the sample size of these ratings and therefore making it more and more unreliable for the higher rated bunch.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey Cake dude, have you run into TTD forum member Firdaus on the England Uni TT circuit yet? PM me when you run into him and I'll tell you how he would stack up in US system so you got a little more idea.

I could say USATT 1300-1500 level is this or that (which is ave standard mean deviation US club level) but it wont make sense until you see it in action enough.

The playing range of US amature TT is all over the place. There are not so many tourney players in US and not that many more club players who do not do tourneys. The playing range can be from complete cant do anything to a player who would be a medium strong 2. Bundesliga team player. I few recent imports to USA would make a 1. Bundesliga team as weakest player. That is a huge range and the upper end of US amature TT is pretty high heavy. Our problem(s) is we don't have a lot of players and no one is pushing leagues or other ways to involve more players.

Even Korea with its somewhat large number of amature players is not so good on the top end. They got a large range of players too, the top end of the amature band is not as deep or strong as US amature TT. Yet, TT athletes are identified early in primary schools and are giving pro training in their schools from a hired ex-pro or top semi-pro and the training is no joke legit. They got a really good system to train players early and there are no shortage of pro-ready players and the pipeline is always jammed with them.

Going back, I totally agree with Butt Stallion, an average club player has no business just picking up the Primorac Carbon and expecting to be successful with it. I just feel it takes only several levels above ave club level to get to where one could use it effectively. Still, any player should be able to buy and use any equipment he or she wants to buy and use, even if it is follishness.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For what it is worth, the ave US club level is pretty much what it is in Korea, and the one time I was able to hit in a German "club" that was really a gym hall that had 24 tables setup for its TT verein members to play training matches, I saw the ave level was also similar to SD Mean or Ave US level.

Think what level 40+ yr old adult are when they take up the sport and all they do is play matches for 4-10 years and you got a good starting place.

Now Germany, BS and others will clue you in, has a really great participation level with a lot of numbers and a really great league infrastructure, even if those numbers have been declining the last decade or so. So naturally with early start and dedication, there will be a LOT of really good players and Germany has a TON of players, several hundreds of thousands me thinks, USA has MAYBE 4000-5000 doing sanctioned tourneys and maybe a total on the optimistic guess of 30,000 players who play seriously in churches, rec centers and the few US clubs you can find who do NOT do sanctioned tourneys. That is it. USA TT scene is still pretty bare and meak, but percentage wise, it is exploding like crazy. However, the tiny puny numbers we have had make even a 100x explosion growth of players and clubs look pretty small insufficient to make it even 1/10 of how easy it is to find TT action in Germany or Korea (who has prolly 1/4 the TT density per capita).

This user has no status.
Hey Cake dude, have you run into TTD forum member Firdaus on the England Uni TT circuit yet? PM me when you run into him and I'll tell you how he would stack up in US system so you got a little more idea.

I could say USATT 1300-1500 level is this or that (which is ave standard mean deviation US club level) but it wont make sense until you see it in action enough.

The playing range of US amature TT is all over the place. There are not so many tourney players in US and not that many more club players who do not do tourneys. The playing range can be from complete cant do anything to a player who would be a medium strong 2. Bundesliga team player. I few recent imports to USA would make a 1. Bundesliga team as weakest player. That is a huge range and the upper end of US amature TT is pretty high heavy. Our problem(s) is we don't have a lot of players and no one is pushing leagues or other ways to involve more players.

Even Korea with its somewhat large number of amature players is not so good on the top end. They got a large range of players too, the top end of the amature band is not as deep or strong as US amature TT. Yet, TT athletes are identified early in primary schools and are giving pro training in their schools from a hired ex-pro or top semi-pro and the training is no joke legit. They got a really good system to train players early and there are no shortage of pro-ready players and the pipeline is always jammed with them.

Going back, I totally agree with Butt Stallion, an average club player has no business just picking up the Primorac Carbon and expecting to be successful with it. I just feel it takes only several levels above ave club level to get to where one could use it effectively. Still, any player should be able to buy and use any equipment he or she wants to buy and use, even if it is follishness.

Any idea which league/area he is in? I have seen only 1 Malaysian player from Loughborough University so far and he barely scraped through 3 of our 3rd team players. Not sure if you're talking about him.