Question about re-glueing rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
So my backhand rubber is coming off from the edges and I want to re-glue it. The racket that I currently have is the first racket that I've assembled myself. I've never even changed rubbers on this racket. Is there anything that I should be careful about?

I have no idea how I would be able to remove the old glue from the rubber. I asked someone at my club and he told me to just leave the old glue on the rubber and clean the old glue from the racket using my fingers and then stick it again.

Reactions: Kaizoku
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
If you got the new glue( the white milk stuff) youhave to clean both, the blade and the rubber. With the old glue you can get away to only clean the blade and the rubber every 4-8 times.
Some rubbers like the tenergy with a corse sponge require a lot of the milk glue. I usualy put one coat on and if it is starting to get invisible i put another one on top. That way my rubber can take more stress without getting loose.

This user has no status.
If you don't want to risk your rubber sponge getting damaged I think it's not much problem to leave the glue on, imo it doesn't affect too much, eventually when the glue layer is too thick it will come easier. Otherwise, you can ask someone who has experience to show you or even do it for you if he is willing to. Then you could try first with old rubbers you wont use anymore.

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I think it's better to remove the glue from both, the blade and the rubbber. When doing this take care of the topsheet of the rubber, it shouldn't be in contact with the glue, you can use a paper, a protective film, or something.
You can remove the glur from the rubber doing this:

The moment he smiled, I knew what the brown/green ball was... Bogey.