Oil/Grease In Bat Case...

This user has no status.
Hey everyone,

Just today (after 3 weeks of not playing), when I took my bat out to play, to my horror, I noticed black blotches over my red rubber. It looked like ink, so I tried using some water and rubbing it off. However, after close inspection, I noticed that the "ink" has soaked and entered the rubber. I then checked the case, as there might be something that could be the cause. Thats when I noticed that the middle divider (separating both compartments of the case), is really oily. And its so oily that it appears to be soaked in oil (resembling a blotting paper) and gives off a glossy sheen. I believe this oil has soaked the paper I use to cover my rubber with, and in turn, soaked the rubber.

Now I'm incredibly careful with handling my table tennis equipment (I mean who wouldn't), and have never other put anything else besides the bat into the case. I also clean my bat every time after play with water, and return it to the case immediately.

I have however, travelled overseas prior to this happening, but I do not think air pressure (or whatever associated with plane travel) could have been a factor in this.

I also noticed that the whole case is made of a material thats not entirely fabric. It seems to be treated with something that gives it some sort of laminate. Maybe some water resistance. This is just a speculation and might not be true.

I remember someone posting a while back that his rubber had some stains as well and he can't remove it, but I can't seem to find that thread.

Does anyone have any experience about this? I've asked the people I play with but none of them seem to be able to figure it out as well.

Its really weird and I have placed the case aside for the time being.

Thanks everyone.