FH rubber for viscaria

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Hey everyone, so i own a viscaria with DHS with h3N on fh and t64 on backhand.

However, my style of play for forehand has changed to less extreme brush. What should i change the dhs h3n to? I was going to go with another T64 or another generic tensor, but i wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
H3 NEO is a perfectly acceptable FH rubber for loopdrive kinda of impact. It is also resistant to humidity moisture build-up in humid summer as well.

For a more allround attacking game, consider Tibahr Aurus or the new Nexy Rubber Elpis. All these rubbers can be easily found for less than $40 USD.

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
The statement "Unlike other rubbers, H3N requires good technique and footwork, with the implied 'otherwise it is unplayable'" has always perplexed me. Seems like an urban myth perpetuated on many TT forums. Good technique and footwork are a plus regardless of the equipment being used. It is a different rubber as compared to Tenergy or most other ESN tensors - tacky and medium hard, but it is not that hard to adjust to it after playing with tensors, and make same quality shots as you did before.

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Very true. It's so difficult to go back to tacky rubber. Technique is different...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This is why I replied in another thread when I thought about WHY the H3 was hard (when it is softer than H2)

I also had to think about the kind of way to hit using H3 as well.

The thing that makes H3 feel hard (and it IS overall hard even if you soften up the sponge) is that the topsheet is THICK and almost bulletproof. Off course if yout timing is there, you can be very good and make a slow spinny loop using mostly the topsheet barely grazing the ball, but H3 is not exactly the most linear rubber out there. It requires a LOT of forward swing and a LOT of blade speed at impact to make it work well with control. If your impact is not there, you will have a bad day at the office using H3. Also, H3 doesn't harmonize with every blade out there. I choose Aurus and XP 2008 S. Power, because they work on just about every blade out there and I know what I am getting.

H3 on the wrong blade is even worse a mistake if you already don't have the impact to use it. On the W-6 (and many other vibrating blades) the vibration created will really disturb you and on your 50-80 power loops, it is difficult and inconsistent to engage the sponge for control and spin. You need a fast bat BANG impact and such an impact on a vibrating blade will drive your hand and brain bananas. Even on some stiffer and thicker blades, H3 can feel bad until you either break it in soften the sponge with oil. That can take forever (break in) or you can easily mess up the job (oil on sponge) All that stuff is a hassle anyway.

If a player doesn't have the right impact to take advantage of H3, having H3 on your blade won't help you out any, unless you really dig watching your balls go all over the place except landing on the other end. If you already got H3 and don't have the impact, just tuck it away to use later when you have a better impact, or sell it off to a friend.

XP 2008 also has a thichkish topsheet, but it is a little short of the bulletproof one of H3 or Inspirit. Even with XP 2008, you need to make your own power a bit. Sure, the topsheet is a LOT more elastic than H3, but it is still kinda thick and you still gotta add your power. This same property makes it a little "better" for touch shots on soft balls, like a short receive. A lot of the stuff in between is more difficult to do than a conventional thinner topsheet modern rubber (which is a lot more forgiving on those in between strokes) so not everyone has a glowing report over XP 2008 Super Power.

I often gave this rubber away to my clubmates in Korea and at first they all like the price, next to nothing and they block a speedy fast drive very well, but the Div 5 and Div 4 crowd doesn't have a big impact on the medium shots and found it was harder to control than their thinner topsheet modern rubbers and took XP 2008 after a week. Coach tried to warn them they do not have the impact for it, but what the heck, it was a different rubber and costs less than a 1/2 a serving of chicken and beer.