Best Viscaria weight

Very heavy, my current blade is a Stiga Clipper wood, not even wrb. Total setup weight before I sanded the master handle to a straight handle was 198g. After sanding 186g. So, the blade weight must have been greater than 95g or something. My avenger 5 weighs around 86-88g.

Last edited:
personally I would get the heaviest one i can find, but you'll have a hard time finding a viscaria heavier than 88g today from a tt shop.
also, I thought they stopped selling viscaria in japan?

Yup,
So that's why I'm asking my friend in Malaysia to buy one for me. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Usually a blade's weight can vary + or - 5 grams approximately. So if you had one that was exactly average there would be the potential for a range of 5 grams more or less. Usually the one that is heavier will be more solid and have more of a feeling of power and inertia because of the excess mass and the fact that the excess mass means the wood in the blade is more dense, so more solid.

So, from the perspective of solidity and inertia on contact, the heaviest one will usually be the best. The one that is lightest will be the best for bat speed and reset. The ones in between those two extremes will be some balance of the two.

If you are strong and fast then you would think about the extra inertia. If you are concerned about bat speed, go lighter.

Once you are playing with one for a few months, that will be the one you are used to and it will likely feel like the best one to you which is the real issue. So just get one and play with it and don't worry about the rest.

I just hit with a blade that was 115 grams and total setup weight 220 grams and it felt great. Hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk