bh rubber

This user has no status.
I want to try a more forgiven soft rubber on bh side. Is Donic vario soft a good choice or is a sriver fx better?
Both VERY old rubbers. Not sure how they're gonna fare with the new balls now though, which in itself is more forgiving than the old balls.
If I am to name a forgiving BH rubber right now I am gonna go with Nittaku Fastarc G-1. High throw angle and high grip, with a low sensitivity to spin.
Quite expensive and heavy though.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Gotta be hundreds if not more suitable BH rubbers. In General, many shakehand players go for a medium to medium fast (top end speed) modern Euro/Japanese rubber that is around medium softish. These are the Sound, Spin, FX, and Soft versions of their normal rubbers.

Out of all that lot I go with an older technology allround medium speed rubber that is ridiculous inexpensive. I use it on every blade I test on BH wing because it works on most blades and I know what I am getting.

If I can ever get back into a TT situation where I can play or train seriously more than once a month, then maybe I should write a blog about how to crack 2000 in under $10.

This user has no status.
Maybe a euro/chinese hybrid rubber like Stiga Neos Tacky can work. I played it for a long time on my backhand, because it's tacky and very controlled on blocks and short play with the medium-hard sponge. To play aggressive you have to use a lot of energy or the ball won't be very fast. But even if you put a lot of energy it's still slow compared to tension rubbers.
It has a very direct feeling to it so the feedback is very good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Maybe a euro/chinese hybrid rubber like Stiga Neos Tacky can work. I played it for a long time on my backhand, because it's tacky and very controlled on blocks and short play with the medium-hard sponge. To play aggressive you have to use a lot of energy or the ball won't be very fast. But even if you put a lot of energy it's still slow compared to tension rubbers.
It has a very direct feeling to it so the feedback is very good.

Agree, Neos tacky can be a very good alternative.