Offensive backhand rubber?

This user has no status.
Recently I have conjured up enough money to purchase a new bat, and I was wondering what backhand rubber would be right for me?

I have an offensive backhand, my backhand top spins are my strongest point. However I also like to use my backhand for spin, and not always complete power. I was looking at tenergy 05 and 05 fx, but I also like the look of Tenery 80 and 80 fx, does anyone have any other recommendations? It is also noteworthy that I mainly block with my backhand, however I haven't had an issue with blocking using offensive rubbers.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Recently I have conjured up enough money to purchase a new bat, and I was wondering what backhand rubber would be right for me?

I have an offensive backhand, my backhand top spins are my strongest point. However I also like to use my backhand for spin, and not always complete power. I was looking at tenergy 05 and 05 fx, but I also like the look of Tenery 80 and 80 fx, does anyone have any other recommendations? It is also noteworthy that I mainly block with my backhand, however I haven't had an issue with blocking using offensive rubbers.

Thanks.

What do you feel is lacking in the Mark V? (Too hard/soft/fast/slow/spinny/non-spinny etc?) Then perhaps everyone will have a better idea of what you would like.

This user has no status.
I felt the mark v was not spinny enough, and I also felt I needed more control, though it had good thickness and had a good feel. However, The Mark V would of been ideal, but this is why i'm leaning towards Tenergy, because from what i've heard it quite soft, especially the FX, and it is good for generating great spin and also great control, without sacrificing power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
I felt the mark v was not spinny enough, and I also felt I needed more control, though it had good thickness and had a good feel. However, The Mark V would of been ideal, but this is why i'm leaning towards Tenergy, because from what i've heard it quite soft, especially the FX, and it is good for generating great spin and also great control, without sacrificing power.

If you want more control, I would suggest not going the Tenergy route. I have tried Tenergy and I use Mark V on my Backhand as well and the Tenergy is much faster and much harder to control. There's a huge catapult effect that is not present in the Mark V.

What about the Mark V GPS? More spin than Mark V as well as more control because it is softer.
http://www.yasaka.se/productcategory/rubbers-compare/

This user has no status.
The one I have is pretty good:
Armstrong Hikari SR7 55° 1.8 (also available in softer sponge version 40° if I remember correctly)
It has a medium-hard sponge and a tacky surface. The control is very good, but with just a bit of effort you can attack very hard. The speed difference between flat contact for blocks and brushing contact for topspins is very big and allows for really good changes of pace.

The more controlled rubber Neos Stiga Tacky I used before is more controlled and tacky, but I find it very lacking in the backhand attacks. Since the rubber doesn't have a lot of acceleration on it's own you need to put a lot of effort to play aggressive.

If you have the touch you could also try Donic Baracuda on your backhand. I think it's a very good rubber for controlled openers and spin oriented play, but the angle is too high for my liking. It's hard to find a good angle for fast topspins while spinny loops and flicks are pretty easy.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

Thanks.

Hmm. I never paid much attention to it, but... it looks like you are willing to pay for expensive Tenergy rubbers and you say you conjured up money for a blade, it must be one doozie of a blade hehe. ONE sheet of Tenergy is more expensive than a goodly number of blades. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
If you have the right BH technique you can generate the same spin with Mark V as with T05. It may take a little more effort but on the plus side the Mark V will not be as sensitive to the incoming spin on serves. It is all a trade off. Something cheaper than Mark V is IQUL. The people I play with tell me they can't the difference between me play with IQUL or T05 while looping. I can make the ball jump on after the bounce with either. It is just a matter of technique.

There is no force that IQUL, Mark V or T05 can generate that the others can't. It may take a slight adjustment in the stroke but they can all generate the same impulse and therefore the same trajectory.

People are too obsessed with equipment.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
At the risk of sounding like a pundit... which I am most certainly NOT... I would say any inverted rubber you can control and get at least average medium speed and spin will work well for you. SO MANY offerings in this class. The BH is all about position, balance, timing, and impacting within the effective strike zone. It really shouldn't matter a whole lot if you do this well, just some personal preference about feel and control.