Timo Boll's Butterfly shoes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Hello guys. My first post here.

I've been wondering what shoes are timo boll using. I though that it was a special edition made just for him but i just saw Chuang Chih-yuan using them too in his game against Ovtcharov. I can't find a reference anywhere for these shoes and you only can see them in games.

Search for timo boll in youtube and pick the first match in HD

Do you know if i can get them anywhere?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014

I've been wondering what shoes are timo boll using. I though that it was a special edition made just for him but i just saw Chuang Chih-yuan using them too in his game against Ovtcharov. I can't find a reference anywhere for these shoes and you only can see them in games.

Damn, these are rare. Nobody knows them =P

Btw, which one is the best energyforce? III, XII or XIII? I need good cushioning.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Damn, these are rare. Nobody knows them =P

Btw, which one is the best energyforce? III, XII or XIII? I need good cushioning.

I could give yo a tip,which you may find interesting.

Asics makes Butterfly's shoes,and thay also make their own with their brand.

Their 1's cost a fraction of butterfly's,even though they are more or less the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Let me add another tip

Running shoes and table tennis shoes are designed differently.
In fact, indoor court shoes (badminton/squash) and TT shoes are designed differently too.
It obviously won't matter if one doesn't do much footwork.
So if you do footwork, make sure to get TT shoes (but choose one that suites your playing conditions)

The Butterfly shoe only uses Asics sole, and are designed by Butterfly (in co-operation with Asics). I'm not sure if they are even made in the factories that makes Asics. Most of these factories make shoes for many brands and the maker sure isn't called Asics for that matter. So I doubt these Energyforce shoe are even closed to any other Asics TT shoe, maybe 50% the same or 70/80% max (rough guess)

I personally don't really like Butterfly shoes (the ones I wore before, and the shoes I organised for Butterfly sponsored players - can't remember which version of energyforce it was). Mizuno shoes are so much cheaper and imo, more comfortable, but may lack big sizes for taller places

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Currently i have the Mizuno Crossmatch plio and they are a little bit uncomfortable. Once i had a pair of adidas table tennis shoes (don't remember the model but they were white and blue. But it was before these new models that look like futsal shoes) and they were perfect. Really lightweight, good design and very comfortable.
So i was wondering how these Energy force are in terms of cushioning?
And to be honest i really dig the looks of the butterfly shoes. So nobody know the model timo boll uses. Maybe its a prototype for a new Energyforce

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
To answer my own question. The shoes are available in the japanese butterfly website. All Butterfly top players are using them now including Timo Boll, Tiago Apolónia and others.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1429632627751.jpguploadfromtaptalk1429632643500.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
They are very comftable, breathable and light due to the materials used. What amazes me is the gumsole they are way better than energy force 10,
grippy 9/10
comfort 10/10
Toe space when doin pivot 10/10
Lateral movnt 10/10
Cushion 10/10
Ankle support in this model is very stable ànd reliable when doin explosive movements.
Been using it for a month now, thats 30hrs a week.
We usually train inside a military base camp, IS gym, own place where we do discussions lectures and at the same time do circuit trainings

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Asics

Hi

butterfy shoes made by ASICS, I using oryginal Asics shoes are better and chipper

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
I keep buying these http://s2.postimg.org/p8z4clmjt/P1070458.jpg Banda shoes. They are very cheap and they are x10 better than anything from Mizuno/Asics/Butterfly. Gummy rubber, no support, very grippy, lowest center of gravity. I use these for drifting as it gives me awesome feel of the pedal work when I heel and toe. When you walk you feel every little stone and in the winter they can be great fun as it's like slick tyres on wet. I'm having hard time finding them since the last pair I bought. I hope somebody keeps them in stock.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I could give yo a tip,which you may find interesting.

Asics makes Butterfly's shoes,and thay also make their own with their brand.

Their 1's cost a fraction of butterfly's,even though they are more or less the same.

Are you sure of this? How much is the price difference more exact?

This user has no status.
I was going to ask about shoes, good this thread is about the shoes.

Well, i bought Butterfly Energyforce 12, it is amazing, but i bought the size is a bit slightly bigger so i feel somehow it is not very tight for my feet, but it is really amazing, so i want to buy another one but this EF 12 is very expensive and they increased the price of it slightly also, so i was looking for alternative that is as good or even better but cheaper, not necessary very very cheap but cheaper than EF 12, anything under $100 is cheaper for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Last edited:
This user has no status.