Marcos Freitas - Off the Table

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The Off the Table Series is back, and this time with no other than 2014 European Team Champion Marcos Freitas!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Funny, but not true. After he was breathing the ball he was wipeing it of the trousers. In my opion he was trying to clean the ball.
Hiding serves is common thing - 90% of players do it.

@Hiding serves: It doesn't matter how many people do it as long as it's against the rules and unfair. All of the chinese players and Timo Boll clearly do not hide their serves. Doing it at such a crucial time was a dick move IMHO.

@wetting the ball: Seems kind of convenient that he was breaking the play when Boll moved from 7-8 to 8-8 as well as drying his hands, which you are explicitly not allowed to do until after every 6 points. To me it was a deliberate attempt at breaking the opponent's concentration

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
So in that case xu xin should not be chinese player.
taking time of course is not fair, but the master of this rule is ovtcharov who always take much time to disturb his opponent.
summarizing freitas is not my favourite player, but this cases concern most of players.

I find Ovtcharov quite unlikeable as well, especially for his ridiculous grunting and over-the-top celebrations after winning every minuscule point.

Point conceded on Xu Xin but Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Fan Zhendong, Timo Boll, Vladimir Samsonov, Jun Mizutani, Ovtcharov, Mengel, Kenta Matsudaira, Joo Sey Hyuk, Achanta Sharath don't hide their serves. I am not familiar with the other players ranked above or around Freitas. The majority of the elite chunk of players do not hide their serves and Freitas has no excuse to hide his serves.