New! Tenergy 99! Coming soon!

This user has no status.
You just had to click didn't you!!

With the addition of T80-fx what Tenergy will be next? I believe BTY has covered all the bases with the Tenergy line so would they have the balls to fling another one on us? Perhaps a Tenergy for developing players or a Tenergy priced under 50 quid. They know they have a few million hooked worldwide so why not! Sometimes those marketing guru's are genius to the dismay of our empty wallets. Does anyone have the inside scoop to Butterfy's R&D? Ahhh I can see it now......Tenergy 99, designed for senior play, block, placement, control.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, regardless of what anyone else thinks, Butterfly does need to come out with rubbers where the topsheet has been designed to work with the new Poly ball. I am using Victas V>01 and it really grabs the plastic ball better than anything else I have felt and way better than Tenergy. Something about the rubber just really grabs the plastic. It plays fine with the celluloid ball but with the plastic ball it really grabs the ball in a way that other rubbers don't seem to. And Butterfly does not seem to have anything that is designed to grip the plastic ball better as of yet.

It is interesting, I have these plastic sheet covers that are just simple, hard plastic. With Tenergy they would just lay on the rubber and not really stick to it. With Victas, somehow, the plastic sticks to the rubber like it is a tacky topsheet, actually even more than that, even though the Victas topsheet is smooth, non tacky. It is almost like the plastic is magnetized to the topsheet.

Tenergy's sponge is better, but the Victas topsheet is amazing for the Poly ball and way, way better for the poly ball than Tenergy's topsheet.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Well, regardless of what anyone else thinks, Butterfly does need to come out with rubbers where the topsheet has been designed to work with the new Poly ball. I am using Victas V>01 and it really grabs the plastic ball better than anything else I have felt and way better than Tenergy. Something about the rubber just really grabs the plastic. It plays fine with the celluloid ball but with the plastic ball it really grabs the ball in a way that other rubbers don't seem to. And Butterfly does not seem to have anything that is designed to grip the plastic ball better as of yet.

It is interesting, I have these plastic sheet covers that are just simple, hard plastic. With Tenergy they would just lay on the rubber and not really stick to it. With Victas, somehow, the plastic sticks to the rubber like it is a tacky topsheet, actually even more than that, even though the Victas topsheet is smooth, non tacky. It is almost like the plastic is magnetized to the topsheet.

Tenergy's sponge is better, but the Victas topsheet is amazing for the Poly ball and way, way better for the poly ball than Tenergy's topsheet.

I still dont think butterfly is going to do that and I may have said it a severall times already but tenergys are still the best rubbers even if it doesnt grab the ball as good as the victas v1 or the new polyball designed rubbers, If they would make rubbers for the new ball they would already have been realeased and if not they would at least have announched it some time ago

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
More hype exploiting all you TT suckers.
"There is a sucker born every minute"
What impulse, and resulting trajectory, do you think any new rubber can generate that an older and cheaper rubber can't?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews

Victas rubbers are great with this grabbing the ball. It adds so much spin that I have never seen on any other rubber!
My chop serve with victas forces so many many returns into the net that its quite unbelieveable! Obviously a master of chopping, the great Koji Matsushita, is the creator of it :)
But it is also not a rubber for lazy players, if you want to attack, you have to be active with a good technique, or else it wont work well..
That is why I cant have Victas on my BH :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Victas rubbers are great with this grabbing the ball. It adds so much spin that I have never seen on any other rubber!
My chop serve with victas forces so many many returns into the net that its quite unbelieveable! Obviously a master of chopping, the great Koji Matsushita, is the creator of it :)
But it is also not a rubber for lazy players, if you want to attack, you have to be active with a good technique, or else it wont work well..
That is why I cant have Victas on my BH :)

Funny, I didn't notice the technique thing. It works so well for me and grabs the ball so well, spins the ball so well, and has so much control that I did not even notice that you need good technique. Thanks for the info.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Funny, I didn't notice the technique thing. It works so well for me and grabs the ball so well, spins the ball so well, and has so much control that I did not even notice that you need good technique. Thanks for the info.

I guess you already have good technique, judging from your ranking :)
But I am really poor player (4th Slovak league - that speaks for itself, lol) , so I feel that difference quite a lot..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I guess you already have good technique, judging from your ranking :)
But I am really poor player (4th Slovak league - that speaks for itself, lol) , so I feel that difference quite a lot..

Nah, I am not a great player. I am pretty average. I think, being just under 50 years old, I have done well and gotten to a decent level. But, my backhand is much better than my forehand. For some reason I keep working on my forehand and my backhand just keeps getting better even though I don't work on it almost at all. So it probably has more to do with the fact that my backhand is better at looping than my forehand. But again, it is just something I did not think of.

Take care.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl is easily TWO full levels above the average USA or Korean club player. He has an attacking FH that wins a lot of points too, it is just his BH counter topspin off the bounce gets a lot of deserved attention. Myself, I am total rubbish and someday I will be exposed as an internet fraud. But until someone takes a secret vid of one me in a tourney match, AND I still pay off my forum friends with Halloween candies, I can get away with it for a little more. Once I get exposed, I'm gunna be out of work and will have to turn to scaring children for a living.

Above his level though, Carl is much more capable of understanding fundamentals and what works for him and others.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
What impulse, and resulting trajectory, do you think any new rubber can generate that an older and cheaper rubber can't?

What makes Tenergy good is not its speed or spin. It is the feel that it allows the user while generating that speed and spin. And that is why it is a near universal choice among offensive players whose livelihood depends on it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What makes Tenergy good is not its speed or spin. It is the feel that it allows the user while generating that speed and spin. And that is why it is a near universal choice among offensive players whose livelihood depends on it.

I would say this is completely accurate. That sponge on Tenergy is so good. It really allows you to feel the ball better than any other rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews

Of course new rubbers don't necessary means better rubbers, however I have always enjoyed to try out new stuff. I love table tennis and I love to experiment with new rubbers and blades and try out new combinations, for me it's a little part of the sport :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I guess bty spinart is technically "tenergy tacky", "tenergy t", "tenergy 99999999999999999999" or something like that as it has both spring sponge and high tension technology

Not exactly. Spinart is a harder sponge that is the same kind of sponge. About as much harder than regular as regular is harder than FX. The topsheet is pretty similar. But, I personally did not like the spring sponge at all in that hardness because you do not get many of the benefits of the spring sponge when it is that hard. But it is not really any tackier than T05. Or at least, that is my memory from the last time I tried it which was a few years ago. I personally really did not like it.

Reactions: TableTennisNerd