Watch the video below, then choose your favourite shot of 2014?

• 1) Jiaming He (Ridiculous Drop Shot)

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • 2) Fan Zhenong (Around The Net Shot On The Run)

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • 3) Quadri Aruna (Incredible Speed In Epic Point)

Votes: 35 27.3%
  • 4) Masataka and Kohei (Amazing Forehands In Doubles Point)

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • 5) Tiago Apolonia (Superb Around The Net Shot)

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • 6) Xu Xin (Unbelievable Inside Out Forehand)

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • 7) Ma Long & Fan Zhendong (Exquisite Doubles Rally)

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • 8) Elizabeta Samara (Epic Point)

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • 9) Jun Mizutani (Unreal Forehand Away From The Table)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 10) Dimitrij Ovtcharov (Outstanding Forehand Counter Topspin)

Votes: 17 13.3%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
---Christmas Special Edition - Top 10 Shots/Points of the year!---

What a year it has been in the world of table tennis!

Over the last few weeks TableTennisDaily members have been submitting their favourite shots of the year (2014) to us. Below is a video compilation (XMAS Edition) of the Top Ten best shots & points voted by you all. In previous years, the TableTennisDaily XMAS Edition of unbelievable table tennis shots/points has gone viral to more than 4 million viewers on youtube across the globe, lets see if we can get these epic table tennis athletes viral again by liking and sharing this page and video!

Now we can narrow down to the ultimate best shot/point of 2014. Which player hit the best shot? Voting poll ends on 31/12/2014 at 23:59 GMT. Take part today! Watch the video then vote in the TTD poll above.

Merry Christmas everyone and have a fantastic new year on behalf of the TableTennisDaily Staff and Members!

So many epic points, who did you vote for?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Good point of Aruna, good speed and reflexes, but, he didn't win it. ZJK lost the point, missed the table.
I voted for Apolonias shot, superb, in purpose, around the net.
Also i liked Ovtcharov vs Mizutani rally.
And, of course, team play of ML & FZD :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Top 10 CRAZIEST Table Tennis SHOTS of 2014: hahahaha. Great name Dan. I love it. You have outdone yourself. I will watch it several times before I decide which one is best. Now, everyone has to share it on Facebook and any other social media. Lets get this double viral.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster and Dan
says Aging is a killer
Good point of Aruna, good speed and reflexes, but, he didn't win it. ZJK lost the point, missed the table.
I voted for Apolonias shot, superb, in purpose, around the net.
Also i liked Ovtcharov vs Mizutani rally.
And, of course, team play of ML & FZD :)

And why did he miss the point? It's because the superb and unusual return unsettled him. Great point by Aruna, IMO.
My top 3 were that, the drop point and XX sidespin shot.
The XX shot I've seen before from WLQ and the Aruna return was fantastic.
But I think I'll go with the drop shot as we just don't see many executed as well as that.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If it is the best shot, then the best shot is definitely Tiago Apolonia's around the net shot. That has so much side spin on it, it is crazy.

The best rally is the Ovchtarov rally with Mizutani, and Xu Xin's crazy inside out shot is raw power. But the shot with the highest level of difficulty is the Apolonia shot and it wins the point outright.

That being said, everyone is going to vote for something they like. And--as Der_Echte so aptly said--all the rallies are great and worthy of the title.

Reactions: RafaelVaz
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Posted to my FB with instructions to unfriend the entire friends lists of everyone's friends' friends who FWD this clip or go jump off the Brooklyn Bridge for joy, but hopefully delay that action until warm spring or summer. 3 degree Celcius water has a tendency to quickly shrink your man-zone and that could be uncomfortable. :)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Posted to my FB with instructions to unfriend the entire friends lists of everyone's friends' friends who FWD this clip or go jump off the Brooklyn Bridge for joy, but hopefully delay that action until warm spring or summer. 3 degree Celcius water has a tendency to quickly shrink your man-zone and that could be uncomfortable. :)

I have to confess, I have no idea what most of this means but it is still funny and I think they did a Sienfeld episode on this. Hahaha.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Glad you all like the video!

Top 10 CRAZIEST Table Tennis SHOTS of 2014: hahahaha. Great name Dan. I love it. You have outdone yourself. I will watch it several times before I decide which one is best. Now, everyone has to share it on Facebook and any other social media. Lets get this double viral.

Yes! Lets get this viral, everyone please share it around.

Thanks Carl! :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

I said that to mean that the entire third level (friends of friends of friends) which would be an astronomical number to say the least.

I could have always said to unfriend the first million friends in the friends chain, but I have to keep up the perception that nobody will never ever call me a dude who operates in the same normal ways everyone else does.