Butterfly Gergely Alpha for pips?

This user has no status.
Hello!

Can someone help me with reviews for Gergely Alpha? Especially those who have used it with pips? I'm planning to transfer my pips there which is Globe 888 (med pip). I've searched for reviews for Gergely Alpha but the only thing I discovered was it was closer in play to Gergely Classic (which I have tried and felt amazed) than to Gergely 21. I personally know players who are using pips on Gergely Classic but none on Gergely Alpha so I need some more info, that's why I'm here. hehe

Thanks TTD! :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
all these blades are mostly the same.
the difference is head size.
there is a difference in thickness but it's unsignificant.

gergely is the biggest that's why I was never interested in it.

• Blade Size: 161x152mm
alpha is a pretty nice blade, small face
154x148mm
primorac carbon is the classic shape, similar to blades like viscaria

• Blade Size: 157x150mm
gergely 21 I think is 154x148 as the alpha, it's just a bit thinner.

I would go for primorac carbon.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Merry Christmas Harvey, sorry i havent tried this set of blades they are too fast and felt so solid and less feel.. so i did shy away from it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas sir Rajah. It did felt too solid and was expecting little control when I tried the classic Gergely but was surprised that it was controllable and can be tamed with training. Our alumnus which uses it with short pips does it so well and has paired it with Tenergy 05. He does not play a hitting game, rather, a looping game and with so much spin at that. So I would like to try Gergely for my medium pips, but I am looking for the Alpha because I've read it's generally lighter. Sadly, I cannot just try my pips to his blade because his too far away from where I live. hehe. Also, I am trying to upgrade my Clipper and going back to composites.

This user has no status.
all these blades are mostly the same.
the difference is head size.
there is a difference in thickness but it's unsignificant.

gergely is the biggest that's why I was never interested in it.

• Blade Size: 161x152mm
alpha is a pretty nice blade, small face
154x148mm
primorac carbon is the classic shape, similar to blades like viscaria

• Blade Size: 157x150mm
gergely 21 I think is 154x148 as the alpha, it's just a bit thinner.

I would go for primorac carbon.

Thank you, but I've read this before from butterfly website. Is Primorac Carbon good for pips? I think it is faster than Gergely?