Something tacky on Yinhe T8?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Hi guys! I've used my T8 for sometime, the setup is Donic Acuda S3 on forehand and Tibhar Aurus on backhand. I want to change my forehand rubber to a non-tensor, tacky rubber. Before the S3, I even tried to put XIOM TAU on and it didn't turn well, the whole setup is very, very stiff. Then I went to a tt shop, the owner told me that pairing a hard rubber with a stiff blade is not a good setup so he suggested me to use S3. The problem is, I cant even serve with it as consistense as using a whole wood blade with H3N on it. Maybe the H3N could be a better choice for the forehand? I need advices from you guys, thank you ;)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The T-8 blade is already a very quick rebound hard/stiff oFF++ blade and your friend rightfully told you a hard rubber will be a total brick on that blade. H3 will also be a brick on it. If you can break in the rubber for a few months, then it ought to work OK.

999 with a medium soft sponge is a good idea as already mentioned.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
I used h3 on a stiff blade before and i can tell you that's the best combo for counterlooping, topspin to topspin, short short, etc.but if you would want to use heavy topspin then you will need a very smooth and quick contact to use friction from the tackyness because of the sponge hardness and blade stiffness the ball wont dipp into the sponge and will leave your racket very quickly... :)