Protective Sheet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Hey Guys,

I'm knew here, just thought i'd say hi and ask a ridiculous question that should cheer you up.

I just received a rasant powergrip adhesive sheet for my new rubbers, however I haven't a clue how to use them!

There doesn't seem to be a clear plastic sheet, just one side with the Rasant logo and another yellow sheet that was stuck to that.

Please can you help me figure out which to use?

Thanks very much (go easy on me)!

Sam

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
http://www.presports.com/miscellaneous/538-andro-rubber-protective-film-adhesive.html

something like this?

Tacky sheets are useless on european rubbers, basically they are useless for every rubber. Its just a marketing trick for the companies to make more money. If you want your rubbers to be nice and clean just put them in a paddle case and away from moisture/heat/sun and you will be perfectly ok

After a training session I clean my rubbers with my breath or a little bit of sweat if they are too dusty. Also I have never seen a pro using protective sheets so, there you go :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
something like this?

Tacky sheets are useless on european rubbers, basically they are useless for every rubber. Its just a marketing trick for the companies to make more money. If you want your rubbers to be nice and clean just put them in a paddle case and away from moisture/heat/sun and you will be perfectly ok

After a training session I clean my rubbers with my breath or a little bit of sweat if they are too dusty. Also I have never seen a pro using protective sheets so, there you go :p

Hey! Thankyou very much for the reply.

Unfortunately I can't post any links, what is confusing me is that it seems different than the normal transparent ones.

If you google "Rasant Rubber Protection Sheet" it is the first that comes up. It seems that instead of a plastic sheet you use the one with the logo instead.

I agree... does seem like a bit of a con but i've got it now!

Sam

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
If this sheet has any adhesive on it, it may attract dust particles from your rubber that cannot be removed easily actually causing more damage instead of protecting :p (I have used tacky sheets and they actually harm your rubber rather than protect it)

If it is just a normal sheet that can be perfectly attached to your rubber then you can use it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
I would argue that sticky protective sheets are good for your tensor rubbers. I have used them in the past and continue to use them till date. Rubbers need to be cleaned, either with water or with sweat, before you attach these sheets on top of them. However, these sheets do prolong the grip of your rubber. I have seen people loose the grip of their rubbers without these sheets. With the sheets on, I have had 4 year old tensors retain their grip. That is a long long time by any measure.
As for the professional players - they do not use these sheets because they change their rubbers so frequently that it really does not matter to them. Rubber protection sheets won't do them any good because of the frequency with which they change.

Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I agree I also been using rubber protectors for a few years now on my Tensor Rubbers and it help. Also when it's cold I have my protector on and keep the bat near to my body to warm the rubbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
I use sticky sheets too. I clean the sheets off with a little warm water when they start to get dusty and they come out like new. Then I just use tap water and a sponge to clean my rubber after playing, make sure the rubber is dry, then press on the protector sheets. I try to roll them on so there aren't any air bubbles too.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I've used three different varieties of protective sheet so far :-

1) Butterfly - a fairly stiff plastic, non-adhesive, used on my Tibhar Aurus rubbers. Did a reasonable job but prone to falling of when you lifted the bat, eventually lost one sheet for exactly that reason. Use with care !

2) Stiga - a more flexible polythene sheet, again non adhesive but stuck like glue to my Giant Dragon rubbers ( Chinese, slightly tacky. ) Truly excellent for tacky rubbers, thoroughly recommended.

3) Yinhe - stiff like the Butterfly sheets but adhesive this time. Currently used on my Joola Rhyzm rubbers. Need washing every fortnight or so but stick nicely to the rubbers and form a good seal. I actually ordered Joola's own brand but Bribar didn't have any so sent these instead. If you use these, make sure you keep the waxy paper sheets that they come on, they are the ideal place to keep your protectors while they are off the bat !

In case anyone's wondering I now use Stiga protectors on my Aurus rubbers (on my spare bat.) They don't adhere particularly well to Aurus but they're better than the Butterfly product. Incidentally I've often seen it said that Ziploc bags do just as good a job - haven't had a chance to try it yet though.