Timo Boll ALC + Mark Vs or Srivers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
I recently came back from a 2 year hiatus. While trying out my Timo Boll ALC, I find the Baracuda, which I am using now, hard to control. To adjust to my current situation, I will be downgrading my rubbers to the control ones. What other rubbers can you recommend? How will my setup perform after getting Mark Vs and Srivers?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I recently came back from a 2 year hiatus. While trying out my Timo Boll ALC, I find the Baracuda, which I am using now, hard to control. To adjust to my current situation, I will be downgrading my rubbers to the control ones. What other rubbers can you recommend? How will my setup perform after getting Mark Vs and Srivers?

You might actually be better off taking those rubbers and putting them on a slower, all wood blade for a few weeks or months before going back up to your old setup.

Theoretically it should work fine either way, but that blade is fast and hard because of the carbon. If you got something like a Primorac Off- or a Petr Korbel and used it with the same rubbers for a while, once you got your touch back you can just go back to the old blade and it won't be much of an adjustment because you were using the same rubbers on a blade that is slower with more control. But if you change the rubbers to Sriver or Mark V then you will still have an adjustment for the rubbers and rubbers like Sriver or Mark V on a TB ALC is a bit weird.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
If you got problems controlling SLOW, but very spinny Barracuda on the excellent TBS, you will have problems with Sriver too.

Try a few mates' bats and discover what works for you. Switching a slow rubber to another slow rubber prolly won't solve your control issue.

Could it be possible that he's having trouble controlling the sensitivity of spin that Baracuda might have instead of the speed? It's supposed to be one of the spinniest rubbers ever and perhaps it's just reacting to everything like crazy.