Small bubbles on Victas V>01 Limber topsheet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
Hi All,

I was using this rubber 2 - 3 times a week with my Zetro Quad. Suddenly today I noticed that small bubbles formation on the topsheet. Till now they have no impact on the play. But I fear if more bubbles like these will appear and destroy the topsheet before its time.

Does anyone faced this issue with Victas V>01 Limber or any other rubber topsheets?

I always use a non sticky rubber protector after i am done with my session. Have I done something wrong here?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• victas1.jpg
    victas1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 558
  • victas2.jpg
    victas2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 452
This user has no status.
I had the same problem with two pairs of V>01 Limber and with those only out of more than ten different japanese and german rubbers I've tried the last four years. I bought one pair, I glued it on my Clipper Wood and the next day when I went to practice the rubbers where full of bubbles and the bat-wallet had an oily shine inside. I let the bat rest for a few days in open air and the bubbles where gone but black spots appeared where the bubbles were. Since I wanted a spare blade I online ordered one a few days later with one pair V>01 Limber glued upon by the tt-shop. After the first practice the result was the same. I gave the rubbers to my club and I gave up on Limbers though they seemed as very promising rubbers. I'm thinking now that maybe they were boosted and the specific booster-water glue combination caused the problem. If someone buys these rubbers I would suggest to leave in open air for two to three days till the booster to evaporate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 9 reviews
I hade the same problems when I played with Raksa, I don't know if it had something to do with my touch but it was really annoying seeing bubbles like these after just a few practices. Sadly I don't know how to prevent it, maybe someone know? ( I tried with many different glues so I don't think that was the problem)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
I had the same problem with two pairs of V>01 Limber and with those only out of more than ten different japanese and german rubbers I've tried the last four years. I bought one pair, I glued it on my Clipper Wood and the next day when I went to practice the rubbers where full of bubbles and the bat-wallet had an oily shine inside. I let the bat rest for a few days in open air and the bubbles where gone but black spots appeared where the bubbles were. Since I wanted a spare blade I online ordered one a few days later with one pair V>01 Limber glued upon by the tt-shop. After the first practice the result was the same. I gave the rubbers to my club and I gave up on Limbers though they seemed as very promising rubbers. I'm thinking now that maybe they were boosted and the specific booster-water glue combination caused the problem. If someone buys these rubbers I would suggest to leave in open air for two to three days till the booster to evaporate.
Yes I too faced the oily shine on my rubber protector. I will follow your advise and let the booster to evaporate. Lets see what happens next.
BTW I used Donic Vario clean glue. Is that a concern?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I hade the same problems when I played with Raksa, I don't know if it had something to do with my touch but it was really annoying seeing bubbles like these after just a few practices. Sadly I don't know how to prevent it, maybe someone know? ( I tried with many different glues so I don't think that was the problem)

It can have something to do with to much booster.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Woe, sorry to hear that. I have used 4 sheets of Victas V>01. 2 Limber and 2 Stiff. Mine have been good so far.

A friend told me he got bubbles but he boosted them and he put so much boost on it was ridiculous. I felt his rubber and it felt crazy how much it was boosted and then he boosted it more because he was going to play in a big tournament. So I think the boost messed up the bond between the pips and the sponge for him. Oil will do that same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many many victas users in my TT club, even a player using booster on them and the rubber remains very durable. Surprised by those issues on the V01 limber.
For information, we still mostly use VOC normal glue to glue our rubbers in my TT club, its still sold by TT retailers in France and easy to find, I know its not easy to find in every country.....