PDA

View Full Version : Donic Acuda S1 & S3

xVill
01-27-2015, 02:27 AM
So about a fortnight ago I received my Donic Acuda rubbers from Affordable Table Tennis, I had some spare coin laying around and thought what the heck, they're on special I'll try them out. Big mistake... Sponge is incredibly brittle, one slight bump on the edge and it crumbles away... I found that the S3 which has a softer sponge than S1 didn't chip much at all but my S1 is like a rat has eaten the edge away after only 4 3hr training sessions... Anyone else have the same problem? Anyone elses opinions on these rubbers and or the problems that you have had with them is much appreciated.:mad::mad:

TT-Chris
01-27-2015, 05:20 AM
I use Acuda S2 and a friend S3. No problems with the rubbers. A teammate uses the S1 and he has no problems too. Acuda are high quality rubbers and that is not normal.

Cornel
01-27-2015, 06:57 AM
Have to agree with TT-Chris. On my forehand S1 small pieces of rubber also started to tear off, but that started to happen after ~5-6 months of intensive trainings and after many times hitting the table with the bat.

Sali
01-27-2015, 09:11 AM
Acuda is very popular in our country. I used S2 version few time, although I did not like the feeling the quality was very good. Maybe you have bought some very old rubber which are new but has been laying in a shop for few years. I would make a complain to the shop.

the_gift
01-27-2015, 09:56 AM
xVill, maybe they sold you some dried rubbers from extra old stock or something like that?

Sa1ko
01-27-2015, 02:25 PM
i too agree with what the others are saying, played with S3 a lot, first as fh, then as bh, never really had that problem. Played with the S1 for 6 months or so and in the end there was some crumbling away at the edges, but as said before, that's only after a few months.

berryganzo
01-28-2015, 07:10 AM
acuda s1 has a strange topsheet.if you touch the table with racket the topsheet go away easily

xVill
01-28-2015, 10:38 AM
Don't get me wrong, besides the crumbling of the topsheet, S1 is a very good rubber. Perhaps Donic's Quality Control team had the day off when my batch of rubbers were made haha