Giant Dragon TopEnergy

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Hi everyone

I'm looking for someone who has played this Giant Dragon TopEnergy rubber (or the soft version).

Is it good enough to replace (or nearly replace) Butterfly Tenergy?
At 20 euros a piece, it's worth while looking into...

Is it Asian Tacky, or does it feel more European?

Thanks for your replies in advance...

topenergysoft_rubber.jpg

May 2011
I don't know much about it, so I'm desperately looking for some reviews. I won't buy it untill I hear some reviewing

says Hello Guys , I love Table Tennis Just like you guys...
says Hello Guys , I love Table Tennis Just like you guys...
Apr 2011
Well i dont know anything about this rubber but i did found one review about it.. maybe it helps you here:
i Found this on the web..
Let me start off by stating that I am now a reseller of Giant Dragon. I became a reseller at our club because I was looking for a tt company that had good products that didn't cost as much as the European/Japanese products. I liked the way Karate soft and Taichi played, but they were more moderately priced at $18 and good rubbers for beginner and intermediate players. TopENERGY is their high-end rubber for advanced players so I was very anxious to try it out. Just got some sheets a few days ago and gave them a try over the weekend. First off...the sponge is PURPLE for the black rubber! Have never seen a sponge like this before. The sponge is slightly tacky. The red sheet has an orange sponge. The sponge is a little rough like Tenergy and Baracuda but not as much. The rubber is also heavier like Tenergy and Baracuda. I put a sheet on a Donic Burn Off- blade, and a Giant Dragon OFF balsa/kevlar blade. The rubber is medium to medium hard, but plays a little softer. I found I was able to brush loop with the rubber, and loop drive as well with no problems. The rubber really has a high throw. The first couple of balls I pushed with it were very high. Couldn't believe how high the ball went when I pushed with it, but adjusted after a few minutes. I then gave this to my 9-year old son who is only about 1000, but takes lessons every week and has a loop more like a 1500+ player. He looped better with this rubber than any he has looped with to date. He has played with Baracuda 1.8mm, Sriver 2.0, Air Scirocco 2.0, and Vario BigSlam. His looping was immediately much more consistent as the rubber had better control/spin than the other mentioned rubbers. The rubber is on the heavy side like the Tenergy rubbers, so I would recommend putting this on a lighter blade. This rubber was also very good at looping underspin. This was a breeze! Have only played 1 time with this, but was very impressed. Recommend playing with this on a light, OFF- to Off blade. You won't be disappointed with this rubber.

May 2011
Yeah Stefano

That's the one review I found myself, but since it is written by (an honest) reseller, I'd like to have an independent review. I'm especially interested in the soft version, since I like soft rubbers better...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Giant Dragon TopEnergy rubber (or the soft version).

Well, I searched and searched and I found nothing :l
I'll look tomorrow again! Someone must play that rubber! and there must be information somewhere ^^

Does anyone know where you can buy this rubber from? I might buy a sheet and give it a try as its cheap. Tenergy is becomgin ridiculoulsy expensive, it is in danger of pricing itself out of the market, would love to find a cheaper alternative.

May 2011
Here in Belgium you can buy it at killypong.be
(I'm sure shipping to other european countries should be no problem...)

May 2011
Any news here?