Stiga Hybrid Wood

This user has no status.
Yesterday i played this combo (Hybrid Wood and Rasant Turbo) and I have to say: WOW, WTF is this??
Normally i do not play med/hard rubbers but on this Blade it works so well.
I have a solid/good technique and i my skilllevel is rly not bad :) but never tried Stiga before (Donic then Butterfly, atm Donic)
Normally i wanted to test the Infinity and i will, but my friend said: "First, try this ( Hybrid Wood )"
It works so well in all aspects. Only Problem is the weight. It is really heavy (96 gr it was and the rubbers are heavy too)
My Style is really offensive but not that hard. First loop/flick spinny to open up and then i try to make the point with more hard/spinny topspins.
I am an Idiot btw... I ve never played Stiga Blades. I ve tested the Ebenholz V and the Hybrid Wood (Infinity is next).

Ebenholz was really nice but the Hybrid Wood is better in all aspects for me. So much spin/control and speed when u do loops.
I am a bit confused. I think it is not really popular and I cant understand why (Maybe because of the weight). Stiga Blades are awesome and i hope they will catch up with rubbers. I don't like the Stiga rubbers so much. Maybe Airoc is better than the others.
I will test the Infinity on Friday but its really hard to beat this awesome Blade! We will see.

Any experience with this blade? I cant understand why it is not so popular. There must be another reason but the weight. U can do slow shots and u have a good feeling short short. I can play modern defense with this Blade and its super fast in offense.

Plz share ur experience with this blade and which rubbers will work on this blade? I dont like chinese rubbers btw

Last edited:
This user has no status.
The Infinity is a dream in terms of control. U can do everything with it and its not as heavy as the hybrid wood. However it felt not really dangerous. Everybody blocks my topspins with ease ( i made 6-7 really good topspins,fh and bh, in a row and everthing came back). Maybe because the blade was only 80 g. I needed a lot of effort to get the point. I dont know.
Maybe i need a blade around 85 g? Overall it so nice, but i am a bit afraid coz i am not that dangerous (I dont feel so dangerous). Its not slower than my previous combination and i dont know why it was so hard to make points. Maybe my enemie had a good day :)
I will play the Infinity and Hybrid wood a few more sessions and will write a review. I will compare these equipments in detail in a week or so.
I need a change coz i suck atm :) Dont know why (Maybe coz i lost 3kg :p). Maybe i will try the Infinity today in League. But my trainer shouldnt know :p! He hates it when we change our Equipment during the season!!

TY raazzz btw :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Stiga really has some great wood blades. However the finish of today is not the same as previous years.

One of the Stiga players here got Hybrid Wood and I had a knock with it with calibra tour rubbers.
I also tested the Infinity. both are great blades, I think the Infinity felt better though. It would be better if the edges was sanded too.
But yeah, Stiga does have some good blades, so defiantly worth a try

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 9 reviews
Stiga really has some great wood blades. However the finish of today is not the same as previous years.

One of the Stiga players here got Hybrid Wood and I had a knock with it with calibra tour rubbers.
I also tested the Infinity. both are great blades, I think the Infinity felt better though. It would be better if the edges was sanded too.

Agree, they really have some quality blades, I really hope that the new Carbon blades continuous in the same direction :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews

What do you think about the tour rubbers? I have only tried it once, pretty unique top sheet.