Andro Rasant Grip using as FH

This user has no status.
Hello,

I've tried to find a review regarding Rasant Grip and can't find that many. Most of the people are talking over powergrip more than a normal grip. I am aware that difference between Grip and Powergrip is the hardness.

So I am wondering whether there's people using Rasant Grip as in FH because most of the people who reviewed Grip mentioned it as Grip is more suited for BH. Is there any player out there who is using Rasant Grip as in FH?

I am planning to stick it on my Intensity NCT and doesn't want too slow or too fast (very hard). So I am quite confused what to choose between Grip and Power Grip.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
I have an unopened sheet of Rasant Grip that whenever I apply, I intend to use on my FH. A clubmate of mine had a racket with it and he let me try it. Felt medium sponge hardness to me (similar to original Rasant) and was well suited for FH looping, with tons of spin and control. Performance struck me as much better than original Rasant. If you like medium sponge stuff on your foreand that emphasizes spin over speed, you may like it. If you like harder sponge on your FH, you may not.

Don't know if that helps...

This user has no status.
I am currently using it on my fh in 1.9 and to me it's really good, with enough speed and especially spin. Opening loops and flips are a breeze, power loops are also very fast but not incontrollable. Smashing seems to be a little bit less though, the grippy topsheet seems to want to hold on to the ball a bit. blocking is good but due to the lower throw angle it needs a bit of adaptation. chopping is more difficult, but i'm not really good a that, so that could be me. i play mid distance looping, but i have noticed that it lacks a bit if you step away from the table, it does the trick, but certainly not splendid, so if you're a player who likes to step away from the table i do not recomend it, then you're better of with the powergrip.
hope this helps

This user has no status.
I have an unopened sheet of Rasant Grip that whenever I apply, I intend to use on my FH. A clubmate of mine had a racket with it and he let me try it. Felt medium sponge hardness to me (similar to original Rasant) and was well suited for FH looping, with tons of spin and control. Performance struck me as much better than original Rasant. If you like medium sponge stuff on your foreand that emphasizes spin over speed, you may like it. If you like harder sponge on your FH, you may not.

Don't know if that helps...

Hello,

Thanks for a reply. Yea, if that's the case it shouldn't be a problem for me since I am quite ok with medium feeling. I am just afraid that it would be too soft for me since some of the sites referring to hardness is quite slow. I will consider getting this instead. Thanks

This user has no status.
I am currently using it on my fh in 1.9 and to me it's really good, with enough speed and especially spin. Opening loops and flips are a breeze, power loops are also very fast but not incontrollable. Smashing seems to be a little bit less though, the grippy topsheet seems to want to hold on to the ball a bit. blocking is good but due to the lower throw angle it needs a bit of adaptation. chopping is more difficult, but i'm not really good a that, so that could be me. i play mid distance looping, but i have noticed that it lacks a bit if you step away from the table, it does the trick, but certainly not splendid, so if you're a player who likes to step away from the table i do not recomend it, then you're better of with the powergrip.
hope this helps

Hello Sa1ko,

Thanks. Based on your reviews, that could suit me well. I will try to get 2.1 instead. Thanks for your suggestion.

Best Regards,

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Hi . i just bought this rubber 2.1 originally for bh. And dhs neo h3 on fh. But andro is asking to be played on fh. I do not why but i prefer it on fh and i like it . the loops are great. And speed is great.