Best blade for medium pips? Help!

This user has no status.
Best blade for medium pips and for looping? Help!

Hello TTD!

So for the past 2 weeks I have been searching for the best blade for my Armstrong Attack 8M. Originally, I have the Clipper CR which is actually very good but lack a little sting and speed especially since we have changed to polyballs. So I will be going back to composite blades. And here are my options so far:

Ai Fukuhara ZLF PRO
Innerforce ZLC
Gergely Alpha
Clipper CC

What do I want? Well, for the medium pips, I want it to be a little bit hard(stiff) but not too stiff that the looping abilities for my forehand is put to suffer. Also, I want it to be faster than the Clipper CR. Maybe around TB ALC's speed. Unfortunately, those four blades I can't borrow and test because no one plays with them, at least in our area. So I rely for your input guys. :)

Many thanks!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
have you considered combination blades?maybe that will be the answer you are looking for

What do you mean? Like a blade with different material for both sides?
I'm ok with the standard blades. My problem is that I have no idea for the comparisons for the 4 blades mentioned. I've read individual reviews but I can't seem to put them together to answer my problem. So I need someone to compare them to each other, even if just two blades at a time.

This user has no status.
Ok, so to make it easier to answer, here's what I want to know.

SPEED:
Is Ai Fukuhara ZLF faster or slower than Clipper CR?
Is Ai Fukuhara ZLF faster or slower than TB ALC or Viscaria?

STIFFNESS:
Is Ai Fukuhara ZLF stiffer than Clipper CR and TB ALC or Viscaria?

LOOPING:
Is Ai Fukuhara ZLF a good looping blade like Viscaria and TB ALC?

PIPS:
Has anyone used any of the four blades with pips? Experience with them?

That's it guys, I hope I simplified my problem. hehe. Currently, I'm leaning towards getting the Ai Fukuhara ZLF so it would be best and simple to just compare the other three to that blade.

Many thanks TTD!

This user has no status.
Hey Harvey i would say  send and email to Enrico Edwin Dela Cruz ttboys. He already have that blade aifuku pro for comparison and he has a direct access to bty japan.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I did sir, hehe, actually, i've already ordered some weeks ago the Gergely Alpha and it arrived just now. But I feel that it maybe too fast for looping. And also the small blade face concerns me a lot. I know the blade face is compact but seeing it in person, wow, its too small. hehe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Yes compact indeed Harvey. Gergely Alpha is a beast to tame. Are you planning to replace it with aifukupro? It has a descent speed almost close to tbalc, slightly softer feel than tb alc. Better looping blade than tb alc and ball feel dwell is better on aifuku. Well that is on sigma2 pro fh and sigma2 euro bh.

This user has no status.
Yes compact indeed Harvey. Gergely Alpha is a beast to tame. Are you planning to replace it with aifukupro? It has a descent speed almost close to tbalc, slightly softer feel than tb alc. Better looping blade than tb alc and ball feel dwell is better on aifuku. Well that is on sigma2 pro fh and sigma2 euro bh.

Wow! That's perfect! If so, then Ai Fukuhara is really for me!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Wow I never noticed you meant MEDIUM PIPS and Looping.

Will the MP be on FH or BH?

If you want to loop with inverted, then those OFF+ or OFF++ blades will not be in your future.

If you want to use the MP on FH and play a BH looping or loopdriving game, then the fast blade might help you out.

I have seen exactly ONE player using MP and he is a Korean dude who uses an ALL+ to OFF- C-Pen bat with MP on FH and LP on BH... BOTH in OX.

This user has no status.
Wow I never noticed you meant MEDIUM PIPS and Looping.

Will the MP be on FH or BH?

If you want to loop with inverted, then those OFF+ or OFF++ blades will not be in your future.

If you want to use the MP on FH and play a BH looping or loopdriving game, then the fast blade might help you out.

I have seen exactly ONE player using MP and he is a Korean dude who uses an ALL+ to OFF- C-Pen bat with MP on FH and LP on BH... BOTH in OX.

I will be using the medium pips (Armstrong Attack 8M) on my BH, much like Ai Fukuhara.

On FH I will use inverted rubbers.