Ask Marcos Madrid!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Marcos Madrid is on holidays and is away from training for the next few weeks and he is more then happy to answer questions for you TTD members :)

marcos.jpg

For those of you who don't know Marcos Madrid he is currently ranked 266 in the world and represents Mexico. Marcos play's in Pro B in France at a very high level. Marcos is very knowledgeable and will give you a good incentive to table tennis.

Marcos uses Butterfly Equipment (Timo Boll Spirit - Tenergy 05 both sides)

Marcos against the formidable Ryu Seung Min!

So guys, ask away, any questions you have for Marcos he will be more then happy to respond and answer your questions. Remember, this opportunity doesn't come often as professional table tennis players are often busy with their training and match schedules.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I got some questions: - What do you think of the new ball change after the olympics.
- How much time do you stop playing after all your competition matches and tournaments are over or do you keep playing all year long? (might be a stupid question because he has some weeks off now, but I want to know if he takes more breaks to avoid burn outs)
- How much time does a player need to prepare himself for competition or tournament?
- Do you go to the gym, if so, what exercices do you do to keep yourself in shape. Is it weight training or only cardio like running? If you do weight training can you please tell what exercices.
- How many hours should a player from lower to mid level like most of us here practice? And how many days a week? How much do you practice?
- Do you play other sports in the off season? Like tennis, squash or others?

Lots of questions!! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Haha, nice one Kaikaz !
Anyway, here is my question :
- What will you try to do when you got overpowered in terms of attacking ?
- What is your opinion about defensive play / defenders ?
- Do you have a girlfriend ? If yes, how is your relationship remembering the busy schedule you have ?

3 question is a bunch ;)
muchas gracias de antemano :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Hello the answers of your questions.

Kaikaz

I stop to play one or 2 days before one competicion like this i have all my power for the matches
To prepare a tournament its takes long time minimum one month to be really in good shape to habe good practice good mentality and good shape for that moment .
The gym its very important you need to keep your body allways in shape cardio abdos. Streching and keep your legs fast .i dont play other sports because iam a little afraid of injured in that sports like soccer .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
To yosua
To much attacking i think its allways good to have bouth defense and offensive to be really ready to any kind of ball.
Defensive players i think its a very nice style to play and nice to see them play , many rallys and impresive shots .
I dont have girfrind because many travels and allways change city so its dificult i have really no time

Denada mi hermano hahaha