Replacement for Donic Persson Powerplay Senso V1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
hello :)

I need your brains to get on :p
A friend of mine wants to change the blade and asked me if I could help her.

At the moment, she plays:
Blade: Donic Persson Powerplay Senso V1
FH: Donic Coppa X1 (Gold)
BH: Donic Coppa Tenero

Her requests:
A faster blade but with a good control, because her FH is a little bit uncontrolled.
She allowed me to search in Donic, Butterfly and Stiga, but has a preference for Donic. But if there is a good blade made by Butterfly or Stiga, she could also take it.

My opinion:
When she plays, she attacks first with a spinny topspin, on each sides, and then tries to make the point. When the other one starts, she stays at the table and blocks and when the occasion is there, she goes a little bit back and counterattacks.
Her blade seems to be a little to slow for her.
That's my impression of her matches ^^

What I found:
Donic:
Waldner Senso V2 (V1)
Opticon
Epox Offensiv
(Epox Powerallaround)

Butterfly:
Timo Boll ALC
Timo Boll Off-
Viscaria Light

Stiga:
Optimum SYNC
Offensive Classic WRB
Offensive Wood NCT

What do you think?
Now, it's up to you, what do you think? Is there a blade which can replace the old one? Do you have any other suggestions?

P.S.: These blades, I choosed them by looking in some catalogues :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Stiga Energy Wood is very good. Stiga Clipper is excellent but quite fast. Stiga Tube Allround is faster than you would think for the name Allround and the Stiga Tube Offensive is pretty fast.

The Donic Waldner Senso Carbon is a really nice blade.

The Butterfly Timo Boll ZLC is really a great blade, perhaps too expensive but excellent.

These blades are really good as well even though they do not come from the companies you listed:

Cornilleau All+ (plays like an Offensive rated blade). Cornilleau Off- (plays like a fast Off blade). I am not sure where they got their speed ratings from but these are blades with a lot of offenisive power and a lot of feeling. I use the Cornilleau All+ and when I go for my shots the ball flies off my racket like I am using a cannon and yet I have a lot of control for the short game.

Avalox P-500, Avalox P-700

Yasaka Extra (the Yasaka Extra blades are made in Sweden and are really great quality products. The best blades are really made in Sweden. Somehow the Swedes really know how to make blades.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Hi man, I would love to help you out! :)

Her playing style sound quite the same as my own.. I have used a blade called Andro Temper Tech for a while, and that one is pretty good. I have also used the Stiga Clipper Wood, and it fits my style perfectly.

My suggestion is to try the Clipper Wood, it is about the same weight, and give good speed and nice feeling. My serves improved alot because of the Clippers feeling. My loops has even got more spin and more power :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I am currently using Donic Waldner Ultra Senso Carbon ( ST ) with Tenergy 05 on forehand and Tenergy 05 FX on the backhand.
The blade is really awesome as Carl pointed out already but the setup is too pricey and costed me a small fortune in US :( . And after playing for 2 months looks like I would need to change rubbers in another 2-3 months .
Since she is accustomed to Senso ( feeling the ball feedback on the handle / hand instead of the blade ) she might like it.
On the rubber front , I am really happy with tenergy ( we all know the drawbacks in terms of price and longevity etc ) but looks like she is used to softer rubbers than tenergy ( my guess is Coppa Tenero is a tensor already ) so why not try out the existing ones on Waldner Ultra Senso Carbon and then take a call to change the rubbers later .
@Carl : Please comment if you like this plan / have any other suggestions .

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am currently using Donic Waldner Ultra Senso Carbon ( ST ) with Tenergy 05 on forehand and Tenergy 05 FX on the backhand.
The blade is really awesome as Carl pointed out already but the setup is too pricey and costed me a small fortune in US :( . And after playing for 2 months looks like I would need to change rubbers in another 2-3 months .
Since she is accustomed to Senso ( feeling the ball feedback on the handle / hand instead of the blade ) she might like it.
On the rubber front , I am really happy with tenergy ( we all know the drawbacks in terms of price and longevity etc ) but looks like she is used to softer rubbers than tenergy ( my guess is Coppa Tenero is a tensor already ) so why not try out the existing ones on Waldner Ultra Senso Carbon and then take a call to change the rubbers later .
@Carl : Please comment if you like this plan / have any other suggestions .

I agree with this.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have used a blade called Andro Temper Tech for a while, and that one is pretty good. I have also used the Stiga Clipper Wood, and it fits my style perfectly.

I have heard really good things about the Andro Temper Techs. Being an equipment junky I want to try the Off- and the Off versions.

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I have heard really good things about the Andro Temper Techs. Being an equipment junky I want to try the Off- and the Off versions.

I can honestly recommend the Off version, havent tried the Off- but the Off has really good control and it is also quite fast. :D

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I use the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon and can quite positively say that it is the best blade I have ever personally owned and I have used a few fast blades in my time (Maze carbon, schlager carbon, schlager lite carbon, primorac carbon etc) The Waldner Senso has great feeling with softer rubber on it since the handle is hollowed out it's just allround really nice to play with speed wise and control, touch etc. I find now after playing with my bat when I use the bats of others they appear to have no feeling at all to me. The W Senso is like livewire just has a real kick and springiness to it!

says Only attack!!!!!!
says Only attack!!!!!!
Oct 2010
timo boll zlf:real nice blade loop machine and very good control a litle expensive but worth try it

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I can honestly recommend the Off version, havent tried the Off- but the Off has really good control and it is also quite fast. :D

I used to like blades that were fast and in the past 9 months I have found that if I use a blade that is a little slower (All+ or Off- rather than Off) I get a lot more dwell time and therefore a lot more spin. It is very noticeable how much more spin I get, and I have always felt that I have more than enough power not to need the help of a faster blade. I found with a faster blade I was not putting as much into my strokes because the blade did so much of the work. With a good All+ or Off- blade you have to dig into the stroke a little bit but then you don't end up losing any pace, you just end up with a better stroke. But when I hit with Off blades I still love the way they feel. I just know I play better with the extra dwell time. Some of the pros I know did this while they were developing. And once their strokes were really good and consistent they went to the faster Off blades. When I first was told to do that I was a little resistant to the idea because I loved the blade I was using (Clipper). But as soon as I did it and got used to the slower blade, my level actually went up about 150 points (USATT rating) because the slower blade forced me to have better strokes.

I do want to try the Andro Temper Tech Off and Off- though. A friend at the club I play at has them so I will try them and see how they play.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
My friend used the Epox Offensiv and was very happy with it. A fine choice indeed!

I used to play the Waldner Black Devil, and found it had a very awesome speed/control rate. If she has the chance, she should try it out!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Is anybody playing or have been trying donic person powerplay with the new type of esn rubber ? Which have been suited well on this blade?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I used Person Power Play with modern dynamic rubber on fh and control rubber on bh and gained 1.5 levels of tourney rating in that period.

I had been writing about that all along in the Chit Chat thread.

That BH-Man over at MyTT must have been running his mouth again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk