Who has the world's best backhand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Historically, too many great backhands. For me, when dealing with questions like this, the BHs of interest tend to be those from players who pretty much overuse it. Two that come to mind are Karakasevic and Henzell. But surely, there must be others.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
placement, variation & effectiveness (all kinds of bh strokes) : zhang jike and wang hao by far. People say zjk most of the times because he beat wang hao and he has a more explossive BH overall but WH is the best in variation by far from everyone.

talent & stroke beauty : ovtcharov and kreanga, crazy bh topspins far away from the table , especially kreanga who uses an "unorthodox" but personal trademark way to strike with tons of shoulder rotation also

bh smash, persson definitely. his height/flexibility helped him a lot

bh flick power : fan zhendong zhang jike, and sometimes ma long when he is in good mood to try risky shots.

bh over the table : ovtcharov hands down. he can place it anywhere, with tons of spin and speed also. ZJK and ML also admire dima for his characteristic move

bh block : waldner samsonov matsudaira, crazy placements everywhere, I dont need to explain why :p

This user has no status.
No wonder why i love to use BH more than FH, i enjoy a lot watching those top players finishing by their BH, i did watch most names you posted above, but i will watch the others you mentioned and i don't know about.

In females, there are good players with BH too, but mostly watch Liu Shiwen because she is my favorite player i watch.

TTFrenzy, can you add also those BH defensive choppers too? I remember in the past i was watching TT when i was a kid, there is one female Chinese players, she is a very very defensive chopper with a lot of BH returns and i think she won an Olympics or World Champion or i don't know which one that time, i hope someone can remember her so i can search about her videos.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
No wonder why i love to use BH more than FH, i enjoy a lot watching those top players finishing by their BH, i did watch most names you posted above, but i will watch the others you mentioned and i don't know about.

In females, there are good players with BH too, but mostly watch Liu Shiwen because she is my favorite player i watch.

TTFrenzy, can you add also those BH defensive choppers too? I remember in the past i was watching TT when i was a kid, there is one female Chinese players, she is a very very defensive chopper with a lot of BH returns and i think she won an Olympics or World Champion or i don't know which one that time, i hope someone can remember her so i can search about her videos.

I admire LSW also, in 2013 only li xiaoxia could beat her in terms of explosiveness. I would dare to say tha LSW is on a bigger level than ding ning when she is in the mood, but we must wait and see what happens in the wttc 2015.

No chopper has ever won 1st place in olympics or wttc in singles so I guess you are talking about doubles mxd doubles or team

This user has no status.
I admire LSW also, in 2013 only li xiaoxia could beat her in terms of explosiveness. I would dare to say tha LSW is on a bigger level than ding ning when she is in the mood, but we must wait and see what happens in the wttc 2015.

No chopper has ever won 1st place in olympics or wttc in singles so I guess you are talking about doubles mxd doubles or team

I agree about Liu Shiwen, when she is in the mood then she is unstoppable, and when she faces a tough opponent then you can call it a day.

Well, i really don't know if that chopper female player won the Olympics or not, and that was in the past i said, before 2000, maybe in 1990s, i remember i was watching her using chops a lot and won a lot of games and i remember she one a title or Championship, but it was definitely single games of her not double or team.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
I used to ust think that it was zjk, but then I watched persson and he has an epic bh smash too. my top 3 probably goes:

1) Zhang Jike

2) Jorgen Persson

3) Xu Xin (yes I know he is penhold but for some reason I could watch his bh all day!)

Anyway, who have your fave bhs?
I think Zhang Jike No1, Ma Long No2, Ovtcharov No3