FH Rubber for Gergely Alpha?

This user has no status.
Hello TTD!
So, I will be using Gergely Alpha now with pips (Armstrong Attack 8M) and I'm currently searching for suitable FH rubbers.
I know Gergely Alpha is a stiff blade so I was wondering if I should use soft rubbers? Or can I still use medium to hard rubbers?

I can play well with tensors and Tenergy. But I originally use Chinese rubbers. Generally, tensors are softer than Chinese rubbers but they are often fast, so what I need instead is a FH rubber that has a good short game behaviour (not overly fast) and with excellent spin.

Or can I continue using chinese rubbers? I've used a hybrid last time which is Butterfly Spinart.

I am thinking of trying Tenergy 80 because it seems it has better short game behaviour than the T05(which I've used before Spinart). Or maybe softer versions like Ten80fx or T05fx? Or tensors like Barracuda? Could you offer some more options?

Thank you! :)

EDIT: My playing style is rather all-round with a little bit of aggressiveness. I do not loop a lot, but I loop when I have secured a good chance. My BH is more for punching hence why I used the Attack8M, and my FH is for looping, sort of driving the ball. I finish a point with placement and spin, but not with a loop ala Timo, rather somewhat a drive. I also like to serve short mixing my backspin serves with no-spin serves. When the ball pops I just smash it or drive it to a corner. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Basically,

While soft rubber match hard blade well, doesnt means you are forbidden to use hard rubber. :)

You can try Butterfly Tenergy 64 FX ~ 2.0 mm If You love Tenergy. :)

And I feel You are a good candidate for trying Friendship / 729 Aurora ~ 2.0 mm. :)

I'm scared that Tenergy 64x might be too fast for the Gergely.
Aurora has got good reviews but I can't seem to find one in our country.

This user has no status.
I used it with tenergy 05 both sides and it was ok.
this blade has a pretty soft feel due to thick hinoki layers so hard rubbers are a good match.
tenergy might be a bit too bouncy so tensors like rasant might be good choice.
also tibhar evolution.

Do you mean the Gergely Alpha?
And what evolution rubbers? the mx p one?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
Do you mean the Gergely Alpha?
And what evolution rubbers? the mx p one?

yes that's the one I have.
mx-p is the hardest so maybe el-p or whatever the medium one is called.
I wouldn't use chinese rubbers but really I wouldn't use chinese rubbers in any blade today unless they were boosted.
the difference in performance with the latest european rubbers is too big.

This user has no status.
yes that's the one I have.
mx-p is the hardest so maybe el-p or whatever the medium one is called.
I wouldn't use chinese rubbers but really I wouldn't use chinese rubbers in any blade today unless they were boosted.
the difference in performance with the latest european rubbers is too big.

Thanks for the suggestion!
But how is looping with the mx p? and playing characteristic like opening loop, short game, and blocking in the Gergely Alpha?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
Thanks for the suggestion!
But how is looping with the mx p? and playing characteristic like opening loop, short game, and blocking in the Gergely Alpha?

I only used it with tenergy 05.
I wouldn't use mx-p, I would use the one in the middle of the evolution series.
in general the blade felt pretty good, acceptable control, good speed and spin.
the biggest difficulty for me was playing choppers and doing the loop -> push sequence.
I had difficulties doing the push and putting the ball where I wanted.

I found this easier to do with an alc blade.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I'm scared that Tenergy 64x might be too fast for the Gergely.
Aurora has got good reviews but I can't seem to find one in our country.
Yes,

And then Gergely Alpha doesnt have much potential on spin and any other strokes than drives either, being so hard and fast, so

I prefer to “unleash the beast within”, and depend on the player to tame it :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Many J-Pen offensive Juggernauts simply love the feel of T64 on their 9-10 mm thick Hinoke 1-Ply J-Pens... An acceptable performing substitute rubber of Tibhar 1Q and MX-P are great too. There are a lot of rubbers that can work, you gotta discover them, hopefully by having a hit with someone's bat.

This user has no status.
Many J-Pen offensive Juggernauts simply love the feel of T64 on their 9-10 mm thick Hinoke 1-Ply J-Pens... An acceptable performing substitute rubber of Tibhar 1Q and MX-P are great too. There are a lot of rubbers that can work, you gotta discover them, hopefully by having a hit with someone's bat.

Sadly, we do not have a large number of players here in our area, and often they do not have all the newest rubbers and blades. Some even plays with Addoy remade bats.
So should I go with medium-hard rubbers? MX-P is good, priced lower than Tenergy, but I've read it's a bit harder and faster?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Maybe a good ol classic like sriver or mark v will compliment ur fh well...
Why do you recommend that same rubbers to everybody? Sriver doesnt impart a strong spin on 40mm ball. Do you expect this rubber to perform better on polyball? Stop recommending that same old early 80's rubber. Harvey is on a competitive level.. mygoodness
Dont get me wrong or feel offended but i dont think it is right to recommend like 1 rubber for everybody. You are allover the forum left and right commenting to this and that topic. it would be nice if you focus on your Actium review and polish it before you post on the forum..
[emoji111]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Why do you recommend that same rubbers to everybody? Sriver doesnt impart a strong spin on 40mm ball. Do you expect this rubber to perform better on polyball? Stop recommending that same old early 80's rubber. Harvey is on a competitive level.. mygoodness
Dont get me wrong or feel offended but i dont think it is right to recommend like 1 rubber for everybody. You are allover the forum left and right commenting to this and that topic. it would be nice if you focus on your Actium review and polish it before you post on the forum..
[emoji111]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You are correct in what you are saying,but he did ask for a recommendation.also,when I say classic,it does not only refer to sriver or mark v.another example I could have and should have given is the Nexy Demian 2+.it was developed for the new ball as well.

I recommend the rubbers simply because I have had good success with them.

I am in the process of finishing the Actium review write-up,so stay tuned.

I am the 1 truly sorry if I offended anyone in any of my posts.

This user has no status.
Guys, how about Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 Soft?

I've read very good reviews about them regarding the control department and also having excellent spin potential.

My only problem is which of the two might fit the Gergely Alpha well.
Note that I am not fan of soft rubbers. haha. I started TT with a brick hard H2, without any booster or tuner. The softest rubber I bought and used was the Baracuda regular, I think. But since this blade is stiff, I'm thinking of using tensors which are generally softer and can easily spin with than chinese rubbers.

Maybe medium to medium-hard, medium-soft can work also I guess.