New Butterfly 2015 blades

This user has no status.
Hello!
Apparently, Butterfly prepares to release these blades this year. I don't know if some are just rebadge/updated, but for sure there are 3 new blade series.

Innerfiber Layer Series (AL, ALC, and ZLC)

innerforce_l_al.jpg
innerforce_l_alc.jpg
innerforce_l_zlc.jpg

New Garaydia Series. 3+2 ply, hinoki outer ply. (ALC, Tamca5000, ZLC)

garaydia_alc.jpg
garaydia_t5000.jpg
garaydia_zlc.jpg

New Hadraw Series, 5-ply allwood blades.

hadraw_5_vk.jpg
hadraw_5_vr.jpg

Also, Hadraw Series, 7-ply allwood blades.

hadraw_7_sk.jpg
hadraw_7_sr.jpg

Note that this information is from another forum. I'm still searching online for more information but I can't seem to find one.
We'll see in a few days/weeks...

Note also that the designs/colors are now more subtle and "calming"(?) haha. Previous Butterfly blades especially composite ones have been too colourful. :D

And who cannot notice the new Butterfly logo which looks like a pair of...insect eyes. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bishop Rasta 27
This user has no status.
How is the innerfiber series going to be different from the current innerforce series? Would it be slower, the same way innerfiber zlf is slower than innerforce zlf?
I really don't know the answer. But I think the innerfiber layer series blades are just rebadge innerforce blades, maybe a bit slower, but very similar.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
How is the innerfiber series going to be different from the current innerforce series? Would it be slower, the same way innerfiber zlf is slower than innerforce zlf?

Do you mean Innersheild? I know there is a Butterfly Innersheild ZLF. That is a defensive blade with a head size of 166mm x 153mm which is pretty big. But I can't find anything on Innerfiber ZLF.

Do you mean Innersheild? I know there is a Butterfly Innersheild ZLF. That is a defensive blade with a head size of 166mm x 153mm which is pretty big. But I can't find anything on Innerfiber ZLF.
Yeah, sorry about that. You're right, I meant the innershield zlf. So this innerfiber will most likely be a rebranding of the innerforce series.

This user has no status.
Yeah, sorry about that. You're right, I meant the innershield zlf. So this innerfiber will most likely be a rebranding of the innerforce series.

I think so. But it may produce a different blade if they change some ply thickness and gluing job, or even the handle. Just like the Liu Shiwen and Ai Fukuhara ZLF, which is basically a "variation" of the Innerforce ZLF.

But I think it will play pretty close to the innerforce series.

Reactions: BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I don't know. It could be different wood with the two plies before the composite ply. Like it could be a Koto top ply. But I don't know. I am not sure those are even real. I don't find anything if I search for it on the web and those photos don't really look like Butterfly products to me. If you zoom on the photos, the wood looks weird. So I don't know. If they are real, when Butterfly releases information on what makes them different we will know if they are just making another line with the same blades as Innerforce or if they are something different.

This user has no status.
I don't know. It could be different wood with the two plies before the composite ply. Like it could be a Koto top ply. But I don't know. I am not sure those are even real. I don't find anything if I search for it on the web and those photos don't really look like Butterfly products to me. If you zoom on the photos, the wood looks weird. So I don't know. If they are real, when Butterfly releases information on what makes them different we will know if they are just making another line with the same blades as Innerforce or if they are something different.

The pictures indeed are dodgy. I've searched online but can't find them. Anyway, I just shared this information from another tt forum. If this is not real, then I'm sorry guys..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The pictures indeed are dodgy. I've searched online but can't find them. Anyway, I just shared this information from another tt forum. If this is not real, then I'm sorry guys..

Oh, no worries. You are presenting good information. It is hard to say at this point if it is real or not. It really might be. But it would be hard to say what the blades will play like from just photos. :)

This user has no status.
I don't know. Maybe they wanted to simplify their design, or just make it a bit more abstract? Like what Apple did with its iOS7 flat design. I like the older one though.

Unfortunately, no new info as of this moment.

EDIT: Ooops, here it is. The source,that is.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3574716735

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
does the butterfly website already posted info about these already?if not, then we can not be sure if these are real...but who knows, maybe its real...i agree with harvey about their looks, its not too colorful like the previous models of butterfly, especially the handle...its like more "professional look" for me..hehehe..