PDA

View Full Version : New Ma Long backhand rubber 2015

TTLOVE
02-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Why has Ma Long changed his backhand rubber?

Photos from the recent china trials.

Backhand rubber

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/malongrubber2015.jpg

Forehand rubber

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/rubbermalong2015.jpg

Bollforte94
02-12-2015, 03:48 PM
Because of the new ball. ;) The new ball has less spin and is a little bit slower. With this tacky rubber he can produce more spin than with Tenergy. It's also harder -> more power !?!

ttmaniac
02-12-2015, 04:03 PM
What an orrible rubber for the backhand😉

TTLOVE
02-12-2015, 04:13 PM
I think that he chose a tacky rubber because is better in the short push

Amayzde
02-12-2015, 04:23 PM
This is probably a a new backhand rubber designed for him, I think it has a Tenergy sponge just like Xu Xins backhand rubber.

TTHopeful
02-12-2015, 05:14 PM
This is actually Ma Long's rubber? How legit is this picture? If so this is very interesting!

NextLevel
02-12-2015, 05:29 PM
I switched to tacky rubber on the backhand as well after the plastic ball came out and I can see why Ma Long made the choice if true. The new ball is harder to grip with just grippy rubber. But it is still possible to get good spin with any rubber.

Giangt
02-12-2015, 09:19 PM
The picture is pretty valid imo

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/2malongrubber2015.jpg

Originally posted: Mytt member a1exander

As you see in the picture Ma Long is holding his bat. The BH rubber is definitely not a Tenergy. This picture is from the recent Chinese trials.

raazzz
02-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Interesting, is their more pros who has changed from Tenergy?

duan
02-13-2015, 12:57 AM
DHS H3..blue spong or what...;Giang..??

dannyreventon
02-13-2015, 05:09 AM
This is probably a a new backhand rubber designed for him, I think it has a Tenergy sponge just like Xu Xins backhand rubber.

If you check the other picture, the one showing the forehand rubber. You can see that the sponge color of the backhand rubber has the same color that of a regular h3 or a neo h3, not the h3.5 which has a more reddish sponge. :)

duan
02-13-2015, 05:16 AM
Any more picture

schybbe
02-13-2015, 08:14 AM
What about your promised Hurricane 8 review??? Dying to know what it's like!!!

Dan
02-13-2015, 10:01 AM
I remember when I was younger and I tried Hurricane 3 on my backhand and my coach told me it was far to hard for my backhand :)

This is very intriguing from Ma Long! The new plastic ball is definitely making some notable changes amongst the pros. Maybe we can get some pictures from his rubber at this weeks Kuwait Open!

What about your promised Hurricane 8 review??? Dying to know what it's like!!!

The TTD Review for the Hurricane 8 will be out next week :)

Giangt
02-13-2015, 03:43 PM
DHS H3..blue spong or what...;Giang..?? I doubt if it is the blue sponge. DHS doesn't use the blue sponge together with their red rubbers. Well then I am not aware of it... Might be the same sponge as XX is using or the same as WLQ were using. That's my 50 cents.

Argothman
02-13-2015, 08:12 PM
I remember when I was younger and I tried Hurricane 3 on my backhand and my coach told me it was far to hard for my backhand :)

This is very intriguing from Ma Long! The new plastic ball is definitely making some notable changes amongst the pros. Maybe we can get some pictures from his rubber at this weeks Kuwait Open!

The TTD Review for the Hurricane 8 will be out next week :)

It most certainly is too hard normally, but you can bet that Ma Long's rubber is boosted to the extreme.

NextLevel
02-13-2015, 09:11 PM
It most certainly is too hard normally, but you can bet that Ma Long's rubber is boosted to the extreme.

This is not as "certain" as it might seem.

Dan
02-13-2015, 10:08 PM

This is very true!

I have got a source that Ma Long is using a Tin Arc sponge with a Hurricane 3 top sheet. I will try to get 100% confirmation as soon as possible.

NextLevel
02-14-2015, 12:06 AM
I think for pros, that makes sense but I have seen amateurs use Hurricane 3 Neo on the backhand and other than paddle weight, they endured it pretty well. Since I use Big Dipper in 38 deg (Chinese scale) sponge, I sometimes wonder about how strict the recommendation against hard sponges on the backhand is/or should be.

Amayzde
02-15-2015, 07:14 PM
If you check the other picture, the one showing the forehand rubber. You can see that the sponge color of the backhand rubber has the same color that of a regular h3 or a neo h3, not the h3.5 which has a more reddish sponge. :)

Oh yeah, I didnt notice it until you said it :)

And I also noticed he has a Hurricane 3 BS on the forehand now which whas previously Skyline 3 BS.

duan
02-16-2015, 01:51 AM
See sponge BH[emoji4]

Da Baobei
02-18-2015, 01:48 PM
The BH rubber is Hurricane 3 2.1mm #20 sponge 37° hardness

schybbe
02-19-2015, 08:12 PM
Thanks. Cannot wait!

Liten
02-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Using DHS on both sides makes for a HEAVY paddle... Must be a really light blade? Is the handle solid or hollow?

Black Eagle
02-25-2015, 10:27 PM
Hello there in fact i bought the hurricane 3 rubber its perfect .. now my worries are weather i got the original one or just i got the commercial normal rubber please need ur help ,i mean how to know? is there any marks , numbers or signs printed on the sheet or even at the rubber it self please if any one ever used this rubber can tell me how to know , good day and all the best .

Black Eagle
02-25-2015, 10:29 PM
Hello there in fact i bought the hurricane 3 rubber its perfect .. now my worries are weather i got the original one or just i got the commercial normal rubber please need ur help ,i mean how to know? is there any marks , numbers or signs printed on the sheet or even at the rubber it self please if any one ever used this rubber can tell me how to know , good day and all the best .

Pricey 11
02-26-2015, 07:25 AM
The two main ways to tell if you have the commercial or provincial/national is:

1) how much you have paid for example if you have paid £10 ($15) then either you have the best connections in the world or its a commercial rubber.
2) if the sponge has 8 edges when irs first opened its a commercial, 6 edges its a provincial and 4 edges its a national.

If the rubber you have got has four edges and you paid under £56 ($75) then 98% chance its a fake and will not perform as promised.

If you do wish to get the best out of your hurricane rubbers then I would consider using Falco long or short term booster depending on your experience of the game to soften up the rubber and increase its speed and spin capabilities.

Google DHS hurricane national and provincial rubbers if you want to see what the difference is.

hope this helps

dannyreventon
02-26-2015, 11:26 AM

also check the sponge of the rubber. The provincial and national, usually, have a marking on the sponge beside the sponge hardness number, that signifies whether or not the rubber is prov, nat, or commercial quality

schybbe
02-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Thanks. Cannot wait!
Still no news regarding the DHS Hurricane 8 review...

Giangt
05-06-2015, 04:18 PM
The BH rubber is Hurricane 3 2.1mm #20 sponge 37° hardness It is The #60 sponge used for normal Tin Arc. Hardness is unknown

Amayzde
05-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Using DHS on both sides makes for a HEAVY paddle... Must be a really light blade? Is the handle solid or hollow?

His blade is like 95 grams already which is not light at all ;D. But Hurricanes are maily heavy because of the brick hard sponge thats under the tacky surface. He is using a Hurricane 3 topsheet with a Tinarc sponge which is alot lighter but still relatively heavy. I think his paddle will weight over 200 grams.

Tony's Table Tennis
05-06-2015, 06:07 PM
I must add, each CNT player has a special customised rubber
- tackiness on top sheet
- type of sponge
- hardness

DHS will manufacture based on the players requirements - ie need more tackiness, or less tackiness etc

road
12-20-2015, 07:31 PM
My photo BH rubber NEO Hurricane 3 37 degree. I am an ardent fan of Ma Long and try to play the game than my idol

NEW Ma Long backhand rubber 2015)8765

(

duan
12-22-2015, 12:05 PM
[emoji1]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

kinocchio
12-23-2015, 06:32 PM
I wonder if it is possible to create a customized rubber out of 2 rubbers. By splitting the top and under layer carefully. And stick for example the top layer of the one onto the other one. And what glue can one used for that?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

road
12-24-2015, 07:26 AM
OK. and where you take a special top sheet Hurricane 3?

road
12-24-2015, 07:29 AM
the top sheet of red rubber richer (special development). material for the top sheet from another

Ilia Minkin
12-26-2015, 07:34 PM
It is well known that guys from CNT twiddle to smash with a faster rubber. When they changed to tacky ones on both sides, what are they supposed to do? :)

Giangt
12-26-2015, 07:56 PM
It is well known that guys from CNT twiddle to smash with a faster rubber. When they changed to tacky ones on both sides, what are they supposed to do? :)
They still do it due to there is more catapult with the #60 sponge DHS uses.

UpSideDownCarl
12-26-2015, 10:38 PM
Yep. BH rubber with more catapult. Twiddle for smash.

As far as taking one topsheet and a different sponge, Wang Hao used to use a Sriver topsheet with a Bryce Speed sponge. I think the H3 with the #60 sponge is sort of like that.

Those guys get the companies to do the customization though. I wouldn't want to do the tinkering myself and take a topsheet off one rubber and glue it to another rubber. But I think they used to sell the topsheet for certain rubbers on their own and the same thing with sponges. I am not sure they do that with anything but Pips out rubber any more.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

TT4Life
12-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Its a very special rubber , bottom is Tenergy sponge with top sheet H3 red rubber. Its about 110$ a piece only a few pieces available . Information was provided by a National team player :)

Suga D
12-27-2015, 04:33 PM
Its a very special rubber , bottom is Tenergy sponge with top sheet H3 red rubber. Its about 110$ a piece only a few pieces available . Information was provided by a National team player :)

Thanks for sharing, man.
That could be a real good rubber, although it might be a little pricey.
But very interesting idea.
Maybe i should try that with one of my old tenergies.

UpSideDownCarl
12-28-2015, 02:49 AM
They still do it due to there is more catapult with the #60 sponge DHS uses.

I think that Giang has identified the rubber Ma Long is using accurately.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

road
12-28-2015, 07:27 AM
I soon will be available the new rubber NEO Hurricane 3 37 degree National Team (tensor sponge) , my price 90$. write in a personal

Henning_W
02-14-2016, 03:12 PM
It was posted by "dhssports" on weibo.com