New Ma Long backhand rubber 2015

This user has no status.
Why has Ma Long changed his backhand rubber?

Photos from the recent china trials.

Backhand rubber

malongrubber2015.jpg

Forehand rubber

rubbermalong2015.jpg

This is probably a a new backhand rubber designed for him, I think it has a Tenergy sponge just like Xu Xins backhand rubber.

If you check the other picture, the one showing the forehand rubber. You can see that the sponge color of the backhand rubber has the same color that of a regular h3 or a neo h3, not the h3.5 which has a more reddish sponge. :)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I remember when I was younger and I tried Hurricane 3 on my backhand and my coach told me it was far to hard for my backhand :)

This is very intriguing from Ma Long! The new plastic ball is definitely making some notable changes amongst the pros. Maybe we can get some pictures from his rubber at this weeks Kuwait Open!

What about your promised Hurricane 8 review??? Dying to know what it's like!!!

The TTD Review for the Hurricane 8 will be out next week :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
DHS H3..blue spong or what...;Giang..??
I doubt if it is the blue sponge. DHS doesn't use the blue sponge together with their red rubbers. Well then I am not aware of it... Might be the same sponge as XX is using or the same as WLQ were using. That's my 50 cents.

Reactions: duan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
I remember when I was younger and I tried Hurricane 3 on my backhand and my coach told me it was far to hard for my backhand :)

This is very intriguing from Ma Long! The new plastic ball is definitely making some notable changes amongst the pros. Maybe we can get some pictures from his rubber at this weeks Kuwait Open!

The TTD Review for the Hurricane 8 will be out next week :)

It most certainly is too hard normally, but you can bet that Ma Long's rubber is boosted to the extreme.

Reactions: fais

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It most certainly is too hard normally, but you can bet that Ma Long's rubber is boosted to the extreme.

This is very true!

I have got a source that Ma Long is using a Tin Arc sponge with a Hurricane 3 top sheet. I will try to get 100% confirmation as soon as possible.

Reactions: TurboZ and fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think for pros, that makes sense but I have seen amateurs use Hurricane 3 Neo on the backhand and other than paddle weight, they endured it pretty well. Since I use Big Dipper in 38 deg (Chinese scale) sponge, I sometimes wonder about how strict the recommendation against hard sponges on the backhand is/or should be.

Reactions: fais and duan
This user has no status.
If you check the other picture, the one showing the forehand rubber. You can see that the sponge color of the backhand rubber has the same color that of a regular h3 or a neo h3, not the h3.5 which has a more reddish sponge. :)

Oh yeah, I didnt notice it until you said it :)

And I also noticed he has a Hurricane 3 BS on the forehand now which whas previously Skyline 3 BS.

Reactions: duan