Stiga Infinity VPS review

This user has no status.
Tested Stiga Infinity VPS with Xiom Omega V Europe (max) on FH side and Donic Acuda S2 (2.0) on BH side!!

Before that i played Donic Epox Carbotec with Acuda S2 max (4 me this combination "was" the best) and TB ALC with Tenergy 05 (good but heavy and sensitive to spin)!

Serving: It was really easy and i had no problems with serving. Low throw of the Blade and the awesome Xiom rubber is a good combination for serving.

Short short: Also was really super easy. Although it is an off blade, you never had the feeling of losing control.

Flipping: It is really easy with BH if u play a spinny flip. Harder Flips are more difficult and i need to find the right technique but it is still good.

Counter + Smash: Super Easy with this blade. So much feeling. It is so much fun to play with it.

Blocking: Is really great. Active blocks here are the strength of the blade. Super easy and safe. Passive blocks are a little bit harder and u have to be careful.

Topspin: What can I say? It is so easy... (but u need a good technipue). When u have fast legs and when u hit the ball correct there is so much spin and speed. It is awesome. :)

Counter-Topspin: It is a little bit difficult to explain. If u hit the Ball early it leaves your blade super fast and the counter-Topspin has so much speed and spin. It is really hard to believe that those shots are so easy (no effort need).
I have problems when I hit the Ball too late (descending phase) it is really hard to control. But that is no problem 4 me coz i will learn to deal with it :rolleyes:

Conclusion: I like it so incredibly much, because it 's just so much fun to play with. I do not know if I 'm better than my old material remains to be seen , because it plays quite differently.
However, I can tell you in advance that I have to be more careful with this stuff to make me well so I can generate more speed / spin. Do not get me wrong. The wood is very forgiving , but it can be fully exploited only if you have the proper technique and good standing on the balls. ( Similar to the Viscaria or Spirit ) .
Have often read that it is missing from the half distance to Power. I can not confirm . At least not with the rubbers . That's the curious thing... The harder you hit the ball or the more you make , the more power the blade generates. You have to try. Difficult to describe .

VERY IMPORTANT:
Seal this Blade. It has a very very thin top veneer and u have to seal it. Otherwise u will destroy the veneer when u change ur rubbers.

My tip: 2 layers TSP Racket coat (Edges too). Make the first layer after 12 hours drying with sandpaper smooth (600 grain size). Go 4 a second layer after u cleaned it from dust. Have always done so and never had any problems with surface residues or damaged veneer .

BIG BIG SORRY 4 MY ENGLISH!!! I DID MY BEST :cool:

Regards Chris

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 3 reviews
I feel like the Infinity is just like the Hulk from my experience. It is always entertaining to kill and destroy with the power of the blade. However, it sometimes becomes too deadly and it comes to the point when you feel it SUCKS being Hulk. Plus, becoming just a little excited makes your shirt rip off without the proper training or stroke....or breathing technique. For those table tennis-Hulk enthusiasts.:) :eek: