Defensive rackt

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I have tried tibhar actium with inverted rubbers,and it is superb for chopping.the dual speed characteristic is really amazing.

I will be doing a finalized writeup on my thread 'Mahomedy13's Tibhar Actium Review' tomorrow or the day after.

I really recommend it.(Even though its rated by nexy as DEF,it is more of a OFF- to ALL+)

This user has no status.
I have tried tibhar actium with inverted rubbers,and it is superb for chopping.the dual speed characteristic is really amazing.

I will be doing a finalized writeup on my thread 'Mahomedy13's Tibhar Actium Review' tomorrow or the day after.

I really recommend it.(Even though its rated by nexy as DEF,it is more of a OFF- to ALL+)

Cool, thanks, will look for your review!!! :)

This user has no status.
And why you recommended those?

Thank you very much!!!
In simple terms,

Blocking and chopping both demand slow combi, but
blocking easier with hard combi, and
chopping easier with soft combi, then
To comply those, I pick slow combi with medium parameters. :)

So,

I pick a blade that slow, but medium flex and hardness, something like Donic Waldner Allplay

I pick a rubber that slow with medium spin potential, something like Reflectoid ~ 1.3 mm

I pick a pips that slow with medium spin potential, deception, and reversal, something like Giant Dragon Meteorite Soft, at 0.4 mm

This user has no status.
In simple terms,

Blocking and chopping both demand slow combi, but
blocking easier with hard combi, and
chopping easier with soft combi, then
To comply those, I pick slow combi with medium parameters. :)

So,

I pick a blade that slow, but medium flex and hardness, something like Donic Waldner Allplay

I pick a rubber that slow with medium spin potential, something like Reflectoid ~ 1.3 mm

I pick a pips that slow with medium spin potential, deception, and reversal, something like Giant Dragon Meteorite Soft, at 0.4 mm

Ok, so those are just examples, any blade or rubber under those characteristics almost will do the same, slow med hard blade and soft rubbers

This user has no status.
Ok, here is what i found out and did:

Yesterday, i played against a friend i have finally from that club, and it turned out that he is almost a defensive player and not much into offensive, he had 2 rackets customized for defensive style, so i was so tired and lost against him trying to use defensive style against him with my fast offensive racket, and i tried one of his 2 defensive rackets and it sounds it is more control and better facing him with a defensive racket, so that i started this thread earlier and i think i want to have a defensive racket so i know how to face him or similar players, for offensive i have already a great offensive blade but i am not good in offensive and with this opponent i turned out to be defensive too.

He has 2 blades, one is Yasaka Max Wood and the other is Butterfly Defense Pro, and both he did put that rubber with pips out for his BH, one is short and one is long pips, and both have great control, and he is chopping a lot and me too, but mostly he win against me due to that i have fast rubbers and blade and not that long match for his chopping and blocking most of the time, and i waste more points by changing from defense to offensive style because his returns are a lot of spin, so i decided to go with one of those pips out rubbers, and i almost decided on one, but i don't know what should be the thickness, almost thinking about 1.0-1.3mm range, because both of his rubbers have sponge, so maybe it is better to have sponge than no sponge, and not maximum or high thickness.

On his FH, he using just inverted rubbers, one with DHS Hurricane III and the other is something of Dragon don't know, so he kept his FH with something fast or not high control one, so i was thinking if i should do the same because we both have our strength chopping and blocks on our BH, so i am almost sorted out with which rubber for BH i will go, but for FH i don't know if i should use same rubber i am using on my offensive blade or going for another rubber that has some speed but it has better control, not that too speedy as Tenergy, i don't think i want to use another high control defensive rubber for FH as well, i still can use offensive with my FH when needed.

I bought Butterfly Defence III blade, this is what was available and even my opponent was dreaming or thinking to buy that one instead of what he has already, and the price is good reasonable, so i didn't want to wait longer and wait for many options and i can't find locally and i must order online, so i bought that BTY Def 3, and one rubber pips out for BH i may buy online as i think i will not find it locally, but for FH i will wait to see recommendations that i may find locally. How do you rate this BTY Defence III blade?

This user has no status.
Man.....call me old school but i seriously think the original BTY Matsushita Pro Model is one of the best defensive blade ever made.....but its not fitting with the current meta of a attack+defense hybrid game for modern defenders.....if you are looking for a pure chopping blade, look no further than the new Victas model of that blade. For the rubbers, TSP Curl P-1 has been my favorite for chopping on the BH. For the FH, i used to like Tackiness Chop a lot, but right now i think T80 is really good for chopping and doing everything else

This user has no status.
Man.....call me old school but i seriously think the original BTY Matsushita Pro Model is one of the best defensive blade ever made.....but its not fitting with the current meta of a attack+defense hybrid game for modern defenders.....if you are looking for a pure chopping blade, look no further than the new Victas model of that blade. For the rubbers, TSP Curl P-1 has been my favorite for chopping on the BH. For the FH, i used to like Tackiness Chop a lot, but right now i think T80 is really good for chopping and doing everything else

About the blade, i already bought one, but i will look at the ones your mentioned.

For rubbers, in fact i am very very very close to what you chose, i was thinking to go with TSP Curl P-4 instead of P-1R, but is that P-1 better than P-4? and is it that P-1 same as P-1R because i didn't see P-1 without R. And for FH i was thinking about T80 as one of the options, other options were that Xiom Omega V or Xiom Sigma II or Bluefire JP 03, so it is like one rubber i decided on as TSP Curl, and the second i keep read and wait for review or experienced members or whatever.

This user has no status.
Here are the photos of the blade i bought for defensive regardless if there are better choices, it is not expensive and not a big deal so no big lost:

BTY_Def3a.jpg

BTY_Def3b.jpg

BTY_Def3c.jpg

What a blade!!! but we will see when we use it, all blades design are almost nice at first look, but once they are hidden behind rubbers then only the usage will tell another beauty or not.

This user has no status.
About the blade, i already bought one, but i will look at the ones your mentioned.

For rubbers, in fact i am very very very close to what you chose, i was thinking to go with TSP Curl P-4 instead of P-1R, but is that P-1 better than P-4? and is it that P-1 same as P-1R because i didn't see P-1 without R. And for FH i was thinking about T80 as one of the options, other options were that Xiom Omega V or Xiom Sigma II or Bluefire JP 03, so it is like one rubber i decided on as TSP Curl, and the second i keep read and wait for review or experienced members or whatever.
I think it was without the R....not sure tho. Has been 4 years since i left long pimples behind....another one of my favorite was the BTY Feint Long 2. Very very good for chopping as well....

This user has no status.
I think it was without the R....not sure tho. Has been 4 years since i left long pimples behind....another one of my favorite was the BTY Feint Long 2. Very very good for chopping as well....

My opponent was using something Long III for his BH chopping, but i don't know if that is BTY or another brand.