Gluing rubbers onto a new blade (tips please)

This user has no status.
Hi,

I have recently bought a new blade, one that I have had in the past (Joola Eagle Carbon, Rubbers are both Joola Ryhzm -P)) and I have re glued it many times already but im struggling to get it to stick properly. I have had this before with a few blades...it seems to take to the blade OK but when I go to use it the spring just isn't there and I struggle to topspin etc (as if it isn't stuck on properly).

I put on a normal amount of glue (not too much to over flow but enough to cover the blade fully) and then i let it set a bit (otherwise the rubber just slips off and doesn't begin to stick).

I'm hoping it will begin to work with more and more re-glues, im just wondering if anyone has any tips to help me out (so i don't waste all my glue!)

Thanks,
Josh

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Sanding the surface it's a good idea.
I've had a bad experience with some Butterfly blade, Timberfill or Timbershot or smth. like that., a surface was so much lacquered that doesn't matter what i did i wasn't able to glue the rubber. Slightly sanding the surface and getting all the lacquer off solved the problem.