USATT appoints MTS388

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
This information is 200% accurate. A few days after this posting was made, USATT displayed a full interview with MTS388 now identified as Mike Sturtevant.
Even more amazing is the fact that he is listed as the contact person for Sonora Table Tennis Club. Wow that gives a great image for Sonora Table Tennis Club.
If the club admin ridicules belittles ad degrades another new startup club all the way across the country , one may wonder how the rest of the other members are at Sonora Club. Imagine a traveling member of HTTTC dropping by at Sonora club and MTS388 greeting him LOL
Even more amazing is the fact that USATT sings praise of MTS388 a week after ttHanahan's post here

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
There is about a DOZEN regular posters at USATT forum and most of us don't really post there a lot, so I missed this one.

What is going on?

I read MTS's post and it really doesn't make sense for him to post that in that way. ANY club doing ANY tourney to attract players to the sport and get hooked is positive for the growth of USA Table Tennis, even a club a poster or this guy or me or Billy Bob might not like.

(if/When) We grow the overall market and everyone wins.

What is going on?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
After reading the TT flier, I see a little more why there is talk about it and why some people might feel the way they do about it.

This is a tourney that will revert to laws of tt years ago before ITTF pushed changes to the sport, particularly allowing racket coverings and same color that was banned by new laws of tt.

Personally, I will not be flying over there to play, but if this tourney was within reasonable distance of me, I would competing in it (and prolly liking it). TD looks to be trying to stick it to ITTF in his way, a very American protest kind of freedom thing that is supposed to be cherished in USA. I doubt it will result in getting the laws of tt back the way they used to be, but heck, if he (the Tourney Director) can get together local business to support this level of prize money, he is on to something that in USA Table tennis in general, we have failed at a lot - Engaging local business and people to support TT.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This is the website for the city club... very long, but a lot of information and passion to grow TT and appealing to everyone is a commitment to not make it expensive. Newer players always seek to spend next to nothing for equipment and play at first.

The in your face manner might turn off a few, turn on a few. It certainly should cause people to think.

http://4ctt.com/htt/