How to play against short pimple and long pimple?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Read 2 reviews
short pimple and long pimple are totally different.

Short pimple is similar to rev, but is less sensitive to spins. Player with short pimple typically stay close to the table and hit the ball over the table instead of looping. Short pimple also generates more speed than rev rubber.

Long pimp is very tricky to play against. Basically long pimple rubber will revert your spin. So when long pimple push your backspin balls, the ball has top spin. When long pimple block your top spin loop, it will come with strong backspin. One way of beating long pimp is to serve no spin ball, after long pimp block it back, the ball will have weak backspin and will be good 3 ball attack target.

If you never play against long pimple before, expect to lose a few games before you can get used to it.

Good luck.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I am going to use long pimple as i faced someone who is using short and long pimples in 2 different blades and he is really difficult defensive, i managed to beat him few games due to that i am stronger in offensive than him and my backhand was my weapon, but even my offensive style and BH are not strong high class yet, and he killed me after few games as i gave up to rally defensively with him, so i will use same of his weapon then i can have a defensive weapon and i can add my offensive style to win more, i waste more points because i couldn't face his 3 ball attack, i always return easy for him, and sometimes he keep spinning or chopping a lot so i do mistakes more as my blade is fast no much control or no great chop.

Now, what is the best side to use those pimples on, FH or BH? I will use it on BH because i chop a lot with my BH than my FH.