Stiga Calibra Tour blade advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Hi guys!

I'm looking for some advice. Following on from Dan's excellent review of the Stiga Calibra Tour series rubbers, I've decided to buy a couple of the Tour S and Tour M rubbers for my forehand and backhand respectively.

I currently play with Sriver and Mark V on a BTY Primorac off- but I'm looking try something new as my Sriver is getting a little dead. My playing style is offensive shakehand, I like to play mid distance from the table and my game is primarily loop / drive forehand.

I'm looking for a good blade match for the Calibra Tour rubbers, I've heard BTY Innerforce, Stiga VPS Infinity V and Stiga Offensive Classic are good, but I'm really rather new to EJing ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I would say your current blade is good enough,though you can try other blades like the infinity vps v.

Thanks! Yeah I thought I'd stick a couple of sheets to the Primorac, but it's getting a little worn out too. I bought 4 sheets of the Calibra on special offer so I'll stick a some to the Primorac if the Infinity is a little too quick.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Hey Harpo, I've ordered the infinity vps and the calibra rubbers arrived today. The topsheet is very strange! Absolutely no tackyness whatsoever and feels a little like an antispin. It seems as though these rubbers will shine on mechanical spin drive loops (my favourite!!)

I'll let you know how I get on

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Haha yeah! I couldn't wait to try it out. I hope infinity will be flexy enough. I've heard it takes a while to get used to the rubbers but I'm really excited to try them out

This user has no status.
Infinity has good flex it doesn't vibrate much in your hand, as it's been said on here a thousand times a good all wood blade with decent power close to the table depending on your rubbers you take a couple steps back and it lacks gears, I've trie both t05 and Donic acuda, both worked well but switched back to my viscaria with rasant simply for power hahaha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
I had my first hit with the new setup last night and... Wow I'm happy. I feel like the setup really suits my aggressive close/ mid distance play, but away from the table the lack of gears caused problems, particularly with the tour s, the balls were either flying off the end of the table or dipping into the net. The blade feels real nice to hold and the sound is lovely too

This user has no status.
Hi guys!

I'm looking for some advice. Following on from Dan's excellent review of the Stiga Calibra Tour series rubbers, I've decided to buy a couple of the Tour S and Tour M rubbers for my forehand and backhand respectively.

I currently play with Sriver and Mark V on a BTY Primorac off- but I'm looking try something new as my Sriver is getting a little dead. My playing style is offensive shakehand, I like to play mid distance from the table and my game is primarily loop / drive forehand.

I'm looking for a good blade match for the Calibra Tour rubbers, I've heard BTY Innerforce, Stiga VPS Infinity V and Stiga Offensive Classic are good, but I'm really rather new to EJing ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i would also advice on keeping the blade.
just to inform you, i have tested my 20 year old ( yes i am serious here ) after boosting it ( on the sponge AND on the rubber surface ) with WD40 and it was back as new again (a red 2 mm Sriver D-13 L), and i have to say this Sriver plays really well , i could do just all the things i do with a Tibhar Genius or my Andro Revo Fire ( on Donic Waldner Senso Carbon blade)
technique is far more important than rubber choice , just choose a rubber that suits your style of play (offence, allround, defence) and then stick to it !

following equipment advice of guys like Der Echte or carl is always good !

cheers !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hi
I have a Primoroc off- with Stiga Tour on the back hand and it almost anhilated the spin of my old, dead Sriver. I also have a Infinity but I dont feel it is stable enough for it so I glued it to my BTY Primoroc instead. I don't kmow about Tour M. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
I agree, the spin is really really good. I bought a few sheets of calibra, so I'm going to try them in the primorac and compare the two :)

I agree, technique is everything, I just fancied something a little different and boy, I'm glad I did!