Zhang Jike's "Mission" to Play Rio Olympics 2016!

In a recent interview with Sina Sports, Zhang Jike has expressed how he wants to represent the Chinese National team at Rio Olympic Games this August. This time last year Zhang Jike had some unexpected losses with many fans around the world confused with Zhang Jikes performances. However this month saw Zhang Jike qualify for the World Team Championships proving his worth and qualifying for the team.

zhangjikechampionlondon2012.jpg

Zhang Jike champion of London 2012! Photo by: Xinhua/Li Gang

London 2012 Olympic Champion Zhang Jike has been on a rocky road over the last season. Up till December 2015 the chances of Zhang Jike qualifying for Rio were looking slim. However with a fantastic performance at the recent China Trials in the new year saw the world number 5 qualify for the upcoming World Team Championships. In a interview Zhang Jike expressed, "The biggest honour for me is the represent the Chinese National Team at the Olympic Games. It is a mission of mine to qualify! It is such a large sports event and it will make me feel proud again to represent China."

Zhang Jike continued, "I do not want passed performances to miss an opportunity like the 2016 Olympics. There are many good players from all over the world participating in the event along with China. It is a tough competition and I do not want to lose such an opportunity."

Take a look back to the final of the London 2012 Olympic Games where Zhang Jike defeated China's Wang Hao.

Do you think Zhang Jike will play in Rio?

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
Source: TableTennisTa & SinaSports
TableTennisDaily