Dimitrij Ovtcharov Crowned 2016 Europe Top 16 Champion! (VIDEO)

Reigning champion Dimitrij Ovtcharov defends his European title winning today's 2016 Europe Top 16 event defeating Joao Monteiro of Portugal by 4 sets to 2! In the women's singles final Yanfei Shen beat Hu Melek in 5 sets. Full results and videos below:

dimitrij2016europetop16.jpg

Dimitrij Ovtcharov - Champion of Europe! Photo by: Rita Taborda

On route to the final Dimitrij Ovtcharov lost to Joao in the group stages. This is was Dima had to say in an interview with ETTU.org, “You can not compare the group stage match to the final. Three days ago I was already booked on a place in the quarterfinal, and today we played for the title. However, I have to admit Joao surprised me in the group stage. He played very well. I will study the reason for why he defeated and I was well prepared today,” expressed Dimitrij.”

Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Joao Monteiro

Congratulations to Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Yanfei Shen winning the 2016 Europe Top 16! For all the latest news, results, videos and to follow all the action from the singles event click here.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
Source: ETTU.org
TableTennisDaily

says I like tabletennis a lot, I do it already 5,5 years.
says I like tabletennis a lot, I do it already 5,5 years.
Dec 2014
It was an amazing game against Joao, for a moment it was not clear to see who would win the game, but he deserved it!