The ITTF Legends Tour took place in Halmstad, Sweden on the 6th February 2016. TableTennisDaily member TableTennisBelgiumTV had the opportunity to be up and close with the stars including Waldner, Kreanga, Schlager, Persson, Saive and more! TTBTV produced a stunning video as seen below which includes behind the scene and game play footage which really captures how thrilling this event was!

waldnerschlagerperssonselfie.jpg

Jan Ove Waldner, Schlager and Persson selfie!

TableTennisDaily spoke with TableTennisBelgiumTV and the youtuber expressed, "Philippe Saive invited me to cover the “Legends Tour 2016”. It took place in March, just 20 minutes away from my home. On Friday, I had the privilege to witness first the training sessions of Waldner, Persson, Schlager, then Jean-Michel Saive, Schlager, Philippe Saive and finally Kalinikos Kreanga (thesesessions will soon be online). In the training hall Kreanga was the most remarkable! The other players made some fun of him but also predicted that he would win the challenge. Jan-Ove Waldner hit my GoPro while playing.

When they arrived on Saturday, the players were both relaxed and yet concentrated. They were joking during warm up and some, like Waldner, retired to quieter places. The matches were very interesting, especially Kreanga – Persson in semi-finals. The final, even rapidly finished, ended with several splendid exhibition points – really extraordinary. The numerous spectators truly appreciated it.

There is an interview with Jorgen Persson on my Channel: he comments on his experience and the victory. Later in the evening Philippe Saive invited the VIP to a private drink. The legends were very easygoing and open-minded. I had the opportunity to stay with them and even play TT with Schlager (I am a big fan) and with Kreanga. Philippe and Waldner used cardboard coasters as rackets (Philippe won) and Jean-Michel danced the night away! It was a great experience for me and I am looking forward to next year’s edition of the Legends tour!

TableTennisDaily recently did a podcast with ITTF Legend Tour Legends Jan Ove Waldner and Jorgen Persson. You can listen to them below:

Waldner:

Persson:

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.